Odd planet's extreme global warming: Highs of 2240

WASHINGTON – Astronomers have found a planet with a galactic case of hot flashes. In just six hours, this planet four times the size of Jupiter heats up by more than 1,200 degrees, according to a study published in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature. "It's the first observation of changing weather" on a planet outside our solar system, said study author Gregory Laughlin, an astronomy professor at the University of California at Santa Cruz. He used NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope to study the planet.

more @,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090128/ap_on_sc/sci_hot_planet
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I effing love astronomy. The last 10 years of being able to observe extra-solar planets has been absolutely incredible. Thanks for the news, Chronita! :thumbs:
 
I like astronomy, but they are some fucking egotists sometimes, trying to tell us what's going to happen to our galaxies billions of years in the future. Nothing is that predictable
 
You're welcome. Man! you love astronomy too? WOW! AMAZING!
BTW, That's Chronotia.
Whoops! Sorry. Mind if I just call you 'Chrono'? :)

I like astronomy, but they are some fucking egotists sometimes, trying to tell us what's going to happen to our galaxies billions of years in the future. Nothing is that predictable

Um... well, yes. General trends like what's going to happen to our galaxies billions of years in the future are pretty predictable. Macroscale stuff like, "in about 5 billion years the sun is gonna go nova and char-broil the Earth" is extremely predictable. It's the finer scale stuff that's hard to predict, because it revolves around science that we haven't really gotten a solid handle on yet. I mean cripes, we just figured out that it's possible to have a singularity (black hole) that doesn't have an even horizon. Meaning - in theory - that you could take a Gundam up to one of them, slap it, and then scamper home giggling.
 
Whoops! Sorry. Mind if I just call you 'Chrono'? :)



Um... well, yes. General trends like what's going to happen to our galaxies billions of years in the future are pretty predictable. Macroscale stuff like, "in about 5 billion years the sun is gonna go nova and char-broil the Earth" is extremely predictable. It's the finer scale stuff that's hard to predict, because it revolves around science that we haven't really gotten a solid handle on yet. I mean cripes, we just figured out that it's possible to have a singularity (black hole) that doesn't have an even horizon. Meaning - in theory - that you could take a Gundam up to one of them, slap it, and then scamper home giggling.

Yes you may. I took that name from my BEASTLAIR account that got banned a year ago and now it's part of my HJU Username and it originally came from Chreunus Chronotia an immortal man whose real form is an angel of time.

I agree. Times right now these scientists are going mad. Our world will never end that way unless God initiates OPERATION ARMAGGEDON right away. If these gigantic rocks come here within 50 years. I say, MAKE Gundam Seed's GENESIS or the REQUIEM of Gundam Seed Destiny, at least that will just work as fine with NUKE ATTACK as a follow up to pulverize such big debris that could be a bigger threat like the event in GSD. Man! That was scary.
 
I agree. Times right now these scientists are going mad. Our world will never end that way unless God initiates OPERATION ARMAGGEDON right away.

Eh. The universe follows the rules that it was created with until it is acted upon by a force that is outside of those rules. So yeah, if God wants to end the world, then yeah, it's time for Ragnarok. But if God decides to continue His 2,000 year policy of non-interference... well then, ol' planet Earth has a good 5 billion years left on her life expectancy.
 
Eh. The universe follows the rules that it was created with until it is acted upon by a force that is outside of those rules. So yeah, if God wants to end the world, then yeah, it's time for Ragnarok. But if God decides to continue His 2,000 year policy of non-interference... well then, ol' planet Earth has a good 5 billion years left on her life expectancy.

Agreed. I so hope that this earth gets MOBILE SUIT TECHNOLOGY with HENSHIN TECHNOLOGY with STARWARS LS TECHNOLOGY and lots more.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top