Not wanting to have children, how to deal with it?

There are no sane people here :P

Well, Saner :p.

Anyway, it's odd, from a Biological standpoint, i really shouldn't procreate. I have a ton of syndromes, genetic defects and etc issues that could (and in a few case would almost certainly) be passed on. All things that have caused me much Pain, grief and nearly drove me to suicide, any kids i would have would likely have to suffer through at least some those, and i know how hard it is....

But...on the other hand, they could turn out fine, free of all the **** i've delt/deal with (or be afflicted with milder, easier to deal with forms), and anything that does crop up i could sure be there for them and help them through it since i know what it's like.

Bah, now i want cherries for some reason.:coolshades:
 
That reminds me of how some couple returned a kid they adopted from Russia because he nearly burned down their house. He had caused a lot of trouble before that, so that was just the last straw. I have a friend who has relatives who have adopted kids from Russia and she was upset about that since she thinks that returning the kid would only make him inclined to do even more damage in the future.

One of my friends was adopted, and it actually bugs her that most people never consider adoption and just have kids naturally instead. Strange thing is, she knows that not everybody can just adopt.


If they got the child help, there would be less of a problem now would there?

If parents put little to no effort in rearing their children, adopted or otherwise, why expect their children to be stellar people? If I got a child like that, I would first make sure to get him checked and get it the help it needs, especially if it really is pleasant. To adopt is a greater responsibility with mentally aware children than the pre-3 yearlings since they are mixed. Might be neglected and pissed, others so kind and appreciative of being accepted, misunderstood ones.... better to adopt as babies and toddlers so you can build them up without some asshat fucking them up prior.

If you cant handle biological children ,step AWAY from the adoption circuit and stay away. You'll only hurt yourself and the child.

Well, Saner :p.

Anyway, it's odd, from a Biological standpoint, i really shouldn't procreate. I have a ton of syndromes, genetic defects and etc issues that could (and in a few case would almost certainly) be passed on. All things that have caused me much Pain, grief and nearly drove me to suicide, any kids i would have would likely have to suffer through at least some those, and i know how hard it is....

But...on the other hand, they could turn out fine, free of all the **** i've delt/deal with (or be afflicted with milder, easier to deal with forms), and anything that does crop up i could sure be there for them and help them through it since i know what it's like.

Bah, now i want cherries for some reason.:coolshades:


Don't sweat it . If given earlier 1-18 years treatment, any biological child with those things can be given an opportunity to live their life as they want to with more advantages than you had. Sure there are risks, but hell, you've said it yourself you experienced everything and with that very EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE, you can enrich their lives and make them better unlike what you suffered.

With how genetics are, your partner could have nothing wrong with her/himself and the chances are lowered by half and the chances for them in significance to the initial illnesses... you could have children that might not suffer/suffer very little.

Cherries are great, but the pie form is sweeter.
 
Last edited:
I just dont see the point, this let s me cold, and having no children is not only a decision that i take as a free man, but it is also an act of war against the world and the way it runs.

dude no offense but
you are doing the world a favor not having children :laugh:
 
I have never wanted children. It is fortunate that my fiancee feels exactly the same. Having a child is a massive, monumental responsibility if you raise that child and provide for him/her the way that a parent should. I have no quibbles in saying that I am selfish. There are things that I want to do that I will, frankly, never be able to do if I were to have a child. The child becomes the number one priority. I don't want that for myself and my fiancee doesn't either.

I think the only people that should become parents are the ones that will have their child as the highest priority. Sadly, that just isn't the case.
 
So why do you continue to post stupid bullshit? Dude, you're an idiot we get it.

Anyways, why bother venting to people who aren't here to listen to your rl, issues, but discuss children's television.
 
And this thread is fine. HJU takes a little pride in it's members trying to help each other out in one way or another.
 
Anyways, why bother venting to people who aren't here to listen to your rl, issues, but discuss children's television.

The Power Chamber is kind of a strange forum. It's both the equivalent of the site's OT forum, its Western entertainment forum, and the Power Rangers forum all at once.

Posts like this are typical things you see discussed on fandom OT forums. I don't know why every fan forum ends up with an OT forum where people discuss random things, but this is usually the case.

I imagine if you're just here to read about Power Rangers, this is a surreal thing to trip across.
 
So why do you continue to post stupid bullshit? Dude, you're an idiot we get it.

Anyways, why bother venting to people who aren't here to listen to your rl, issues, but discuss children's television.

You post for the first time ever and that's the absolute first thing you post? Who's it even directed to anyway?
 
Posts like this are typical things you see discussed on fandom OT forums. I don't know why every fan forum ends up with an OT forum where people discuss random things, but this is usually the case.
I always figured that was a natural outcome for any community. Coming together first over some shared factor than expanding until it becomes entwined in all the milieu of life.

As for the topic at hand, my only advice is just don't make any radical choices without serious thought. That includes both sterilization and procreation, either one is a life altering choice and usually means no turning back. Personally I have no opinion either way at the moment, I just feel like anything else before you reach a definite conclusion it is important to reflect deeply upon yourself. Not just on your current state but also your possible future ones.

Not sure that I used milieu correctly, oh well I'm leaving it.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top