Even though I've been single for over 5 years and there have been times when I've been acting all emo over the breakup with my last GF, at the end of the day, it was her decision to break up with me even though I was more than willing to make things work with her to keep the relationship going as I was truly in love with her [one piece of good advice here is: always make time to communicate with your BF/GF or significant other as I've always believed that communication is the most important thing in a relationship]. I could have ended up becoming bitter and twisted about the whole thing but if she didn't want to be with me, then that was her decision to make even though I was really upset and hurt at the way she just coldly said that she did indeed cheat on me with another guy.
Even though she has a new boyfriend now, we're still friends as I am with quite a few of my exes.
If there's one thing I've noticed, it's that a lot of my friends are female, interestingly enough... [and I confess I've only flirted with a couple of them!:laugh:]
One more piece of advice for those of you who've suffered from breakups:
"If you truly love somebody, let them go as if it was meant to be then they will return to you. If they don't return to you, it was never meant to be."