No Girls in Sentai Music?

NinjaJack

Member
Okay there have been a few great ones like in Timeranger, but the majority of Toei`s lady singers seem regulated to Kamen Rider more so than Sentai. :sly:

Whats up with that?
And while we are on the subject, who sang Hard Rain in Dekaranger?
 
I think there was a version of the GaoRanger opening theme that was sung (partially at least) by a woman. It was used in one of the movies.
 
Maybe for main themes, but there's always women on the filler songs of the soundtrack. I think Rider gets more of them because Rider has sold their soul to Avex and with that comes all of the lame, mainstream pop artists that they have signed. Which I think a lame, mainstream pop artist would still be better than Psychic Lover, who we'll supposedly have to suffer through again since they're reported to be doing the Boukenger ED...
 
Shougo Kuroiwa said:
Maybe for main themes, but there's always women on the filler songs of the soundtrack. I think Rider gets more of them because Rider has sold their soul to Avex and with that comes all of the lame, mainstream pop artists that they have signed. Which I think a lame, mainstream pop artist would still be better than Psychic Lover, who we'll supposedly have to suffer through again since they're reported to be doing the Boukenger ED...

they perform OK singing Gaiking's OP theme tho :anime:
 
BTW, who's doing the OP for sentai 06 and what are the OP and ED titles.
 
Bouken Black said:
BTW, who's doing the OP for sentai 06 and what are the OP and ED titles.

The titles are unknown, but it was (supposedly) mentioned on some radio show that Psychic Lover was interviewed on that Nobuo Yamada will be doing the OP. Yamada's the former vocalist of the band Make-Up, who did the Saint Seiya songs "Pegasus Fantasy" and "Eien Blue." Yamada most recently sang that lousy Wolzard song for Magiranger.
 
Doggy Kruger said:
I thought Psychic Lover was doing the ED while the guy who sang the DBZ themes was doing the OP?

Kageyama for the OP was just a rumor and fan-wank. He was the one I wanted since he has such a past with sentai music, but I guess Toei wanted to go with someone different. Yamada has some great Seiya songs under his belt, but after listening to his Wolzard song again I fear that his cheesy, faux hairband voice won't make the best for an OP to a new show (not to mention I can't imagine it blending well with that bouncy, Carrangery sounding music from the promo).

Tone-deaf Psychic Lover, sadly, is supposed to be doing the ED, so...
 
I liked Pyscho Lover's Deka opening, but I didn't care for their Magi Shine song...

Anyway, I've commitied myself to getting the Boukenja music. I really love soundtracks. I decided that since I love Sentai so much, I'm going to get the music too. I have downloaded a lot, and am trying to get some of them (used Japanese bookstores are nice) I have Magi Stage 1 and DekaRanger 1-5
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top