Nick's ratings drop! I BLAME THE THINGS I DON'T LIKE!

They are making another Batman(one that looks like ****) but there making it. Although it's not for the reason you're saying. Unlike Avatar Brave and Bold was canceled. It has a small following but not enough to keep it afloat. Watch the last episode it kinda explains everything and is the best damn last episode of anything ever. Things like Ben 10 they keep rebranding with a new name and putting the same thing out without regrad to ratings. They just do it for attention. In Batman's case this cartoon didn't do so good so now there making a different one not because there afraid people will stop watching Brave and the Bold but because people did stop watching. No network makes a show just for 2 or 3 seasons with the intent of stopping after that. Either the people making it don't make it anymore, like Avatar and I think Teen Titans but I'm no so sure, or the ratings weren't good enough to keep going. Good or bad if the ratings are high they'll keep making it.

Interesting. It's surprising that Batman: The Brave and the Bold wasn't doing well in the ratings, because I enjoyed it very much! ALTHOUGH, back when it was being announced, I suspected that fans of the Dark Knight Batman will ravage it for not living up to Dark Knight standards. That might have played a part in its demise. And it's a shame. And a waste, IMHO.

Is this a bad thing?

Well, that's a good point! If one is the most devout Batman fan, chances are, it's not.

But let's face it, if I had to choose between Spongebob and Batman, I'd choose Batman. Because for one, I like Batman, been a fan of him as a kid (I grew up on the Adam West one), and he's been a fun and very well thought-out character, depending on who did him. Spongebob never really fazed me. He lacks the raw power and style that Ren & Stimpy had for me (which is where The Mighty B! succeeded for me; that show was done by numerous awesome Spumco alumni, including Bill Wray, Katie Rice, and co-creator Erik Wiese). In fact, I actually agree with John Kricfalusi, who dismissed Spongebob as "the conservative version of Ren & Stimpy." (Because it plays it safe, and doesn't take any risks.)

There's always...illegal means. :sly: That's how I keep up with YJ.
And yes it is sad. So sad.

Yeah, my big brother's having better luck at that than I am! :laugh:

I need to free up some space on my PC before I can download more MLP, YJ and such. Needless to say, I get a lot of stuff.
 
...I'm just gonna say...I personally find the Dreamworks cartoons, "Penguins of Madagascar" and "Kung-Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness", to be pretty good shows. I don't know ratings, but...they're one of the better new shows in Nick IMO.

Especially Kung-Fu Panda. I'm not a fan of Madagascar, but the Kung-Fu Panda series has well-directed humor, and the Penguins of Madagascar echoes that same type of humor (even my 65-year old aunt got it, which I found surprising when she told me).
 
Interesting. It's surprising that Batman: The Brave and the Bold wasn't doing well in the ratings, because I enjoyed it very much!

It was okay, but it still threw me for a fucking loop when I realized that it was Oswald from The Drew Carrey Show who was voicing Batsy
 
Are you sure? Because I remember reading somewhere that that was meant to be the true ending to the show.

Which sucks because Channel Chasers was a PERFECT ending.

Agreed, wholeheartedly! That should've been where the series ended.

And that live-action movie? It was meant to be the "true ending" to the show? That's something you should take with a grain of salt, considering that they're making new episodes...

Like I said, it has become Nick's version of Family Guy, the show that refuses to end. How many times is it going to jump the shark?
 
And that live-action movie? It was meant to be the "true ending" to the show? That's something you should take with a grain of salt, considering that they're making new episodes...

According to the creators, Grow Up Timmy Turner is NOT the ending but a future look at select characters of the series. GUTT is more of a time skip than a finale, but the TV movie actually has hints at Channel Chasers being part of the series' timeline.

More info about it here:
http://fairlyoddparents.wikia.com/wiki/A_Fairly_Odd_Movie:_Grow_Up,_Timmy_Turner!
 
So rereading this thread, and going through a commercial, why are ALL of Nick's live-action shows have to do with teen becoming rising singers and stuff?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top