New "Avatar: the Last Airbender" Project In The Works

Whoa! This is news to me! Awesome! :thumbs:

I personally am hoping for a somewhat direct continuation, while also bringing in new stuff.

Like, I'd love to see more Mai and Ty Lee (especially Ty Lee). I would like to see Azula come back as a character who's uncertain of herself. Have Zuko interact with the other characters (I felt like more could've been done with this, had he not joined the team so late). Would like to learn more about Ursa. And I'd like to know more about Airbending and the Air Nomads (I felt like this element was mostly unexplored). Plus, I wanna see some more colors used in firebending! :P Heck, I just want some bending action in general! Complete with good Avatar music!

Basically, I'd like this to be a bit like Lost Galaxy. Being half a continuation, and half independent. So definitely introduce new characters to bring in new stories, new interactions, and new fight scenes, etc. Those are my thoughts. :)
 
Well it's been confirmed, a new project is in the works:

http://youbentmywookie.com/entertainment/rumors-of-new-avatar-the-last-airbender-animated-series-confirmed-9311

According to TVTango on May 22nd, Twitter Viacom had trademarked some papers for a new “Avatar: The Last Airbedner” TV Series.

The tweet read:
“AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER coming back as new TV series on Nickelodeon? 4 days ago Viacom filed papers to trademark AVATAR: LEGEND OF KORRA.”

Today we have official confirmation that a possible new “Avatar” series is returning from Racebending who had the chance to speak with the show’s creators at the “Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Art of the Animated Series” signing last weekend at Golden Apple Comics in Los Angeles.

“Avatar” creators Mike DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko couldn’t say anything at the signing, but confirmed “Korra” and told Racebending that an announcement will be made soon.

Sooner than Comic-Con they asked?

“Sooner than that, hopefully,” says DiMartino.

There ya go. Rumors squashed!
 
I wonder if they're going to keep the same animation they used for, Avatar: The Last Airbender? And who the heck is Korra?!?!
 
I wonder if they're going to keep the same animation they used for, Avatar: The Last Airbender? And who the heck is Korra?!?!

My guess...Zuko's mom. That or another airbender. There was a rumor about a new series featuring Aang looking for an airbender that was alive.
 
My guess...Zuko's mom. That or another airbender. There was a rumor about a new series featuring Aang looking for an airbender that was alive.

Zuko's mom is named Ursa, I think.

Why's everyone so fixated on Zuko's Mom?

Because she's a milf.

jk :laugh:

The ending of the Avatar series (well......the first one, I guess we can call it) left a pretty open plot hole.

Throughout the series, especially in the Zuko-only episode in Book 2, "Zuko Alone", whatever happened to Ursa in the end was left completely open. No one knows if she is dead or if she simply left. But
at the end of the series, the newly crowned Fire Lord Zuko interrogates the weakened former Fire Lord and father in his prison cell, asking a question that left even the pop-ups in the Nicktoons Book 3 Extras marathon speculating a future Avatar project/season. Zuko's question was simply, "Where is my mother?"

Yeah.....I'm a bit excited to see where this new Avatar project takes off.
 
Urasa was the name of Zuko's mom.

The majority believe Korra will be another Airbender, and some say she's a Waterbender. For all we know, she won't be a bender at all.
 
Korra could be the next Avatar after Aang.
True. I was also thinking she could be the daughter of Aang and Katara, and she learns the elements from them, as well as Zuko and Toph. It's definitely not going to happen, but something I wouldn't mind happening.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top