NAME THE WORST SUPER SENTAI SERIES YOU'VE EVER WATCHED

I have always been pretty bored to heck by Dynaman. Could never find much reason to care for the characters on either side, well maybe Kyuutarou, but there were times I just wanted to slap the dude.

Also the suits looked like crap, easily my least favorite designs in any Sentai.

Really? I thought the first episode was epic. The guy who gave them their changers rode in on a freaking toy train! The Dynaman were ALL masters of various martial arts so they smacked around grunts with ZERO powers. DynaBlack was a NINJA! Does it go downhill?

I don't think it is true that all the best Reds are stoic and super-serious like ShinkenRed or BoukenRed,

Well no, Red Flash and Ryuuranger aren't really stoic...

The rest of your post is Saban's initial mistake, if true. A few things PR really should avoid is copying Sentai. Outside of footage--leave it. Characters, episode plots--all of it needs to stay in Sentai.
 
You know, you say earlier that it's a disppointment that Takeru will get "Mack'd" implying you don't want him to be different but, then you say here "A few things PR really should avoid is copying Sentai. Characters, all of it needs to stay in Sentai."

So uh, which is it? oO

Doesn't imply that at all. I meant that BoukenRed, in his fights, was a complete bad-ass. I never finished the series, but I watched a third of it (19 episodes) and I never thought he was just "screwed" in a fight. Then I watched Operation Overdrive and their Red just looked like the same as the others in terms of skill.

In fact, the whole Bouken team took a nosedive for the PR adaptation. I remembered the first fight against the Questers and it didn't go well, but then I watched it in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive and something about it just didn't seem right.

So right after the 2nd time I saw the PR episode, I loaded up the Boukenger episode with the SAME fight scene...only to find the Power Rangers version extended the fight scene but the Rangers lost the entire time.

I'm not really big on seeing that. The Samurai Red Ranger doesn't have to be anything LIKE Takeru character-wise to be an awesome fighter. He could be a super nice guy, a la AbareRed.
 
Of series I have completly watched, it's Shinkenger. It spent wayyy to much time going no where while they got new toys for no real reason, other to get new toys.

Go-Onger is really close to Shinkenger, for like all the same reasons. Go-Onger at least had the sense to attempt to be entertaining with it's humor, though YMMV if it worked or not.


Though I have to choose one, and this is a bit unfair as I've only watched a few episodes of this, It'd be Dairanger. I've been completly unimpressed with the footage, literally laughing at the amount of Sun Glare slips the first episode had. Disliked the fact that the sole female of the team feel victim to the MOTD's trap in episode freaking 2. And the fact I gave up on it. . .

So many "Child of the week" stories in the first few episodes just made me wanna cry. The fact this is the year Kibaranger appeared just has made me completely uninterested in watching it.
 
Saban's Masked Rider, it's just...........~shudders with anger~

When I decided to start watching it to see if it truely was bad as everyone said a few months ago ( since I lived in a fantasy world where Saban could do no wrong during my youth), I found it decent, not great, but sort of watchable

But the one thing.....the one thing that turned me off was when in the second part of Escape From Edenoi where Count Dregon sends down monsters to attack the school in hopes of finding Dex when all of the sudden....it turns into a fucking slapstick session with said monsters throwing pies everywhere

I haven't watched it since, I was almost crazy enough to watch the following episode "License to Thrill"

I feel dirty now just even thinking about it.......
 
It is hard to say. Right now, Go-Onger is by far the worst, but Goseiger could possibly even top that.

Here is my order excluding Goseiger though of the top 3 worst Sentai series:

1. Go-Onger
2. Dynaman
3. DekaRanger

I agree about Shinkenger and I'm disappointed that it's probably going to get a whole horde of new fans thanks to Power Rangers. It doesn't need to be any more popular than it already is. It is eating into the franchise - people refuse to watch or support other series because they insist Shinkenger is THE BEST and nothing could ever top it. To add to Jedibmoney's review: it had a main villain who spent much of the series sitting about doing nothing, Mako was awful to Ryuunosuke and Kotoha and had no business to interfere in Takeru's affairs yet we were expected to view this positively just because she was pretty (I am not "Mako-bashing" - there are other characters like this in Sentai), there was basically no plot for a dozen episodes and Genta was a classic case of Sixth Ranger Syndrome.

I don't get the love for it either. It was terrible. The villians did nothing. They had no development at all until the end (and even that was barely anything beyond Juuzo and Daiyou). the mechs were rediculous and just kept piling up, and Kenta is the worst 6th ranger ever.

While I like Gekiranger and think it is a good series,the characterisation was terrible. The plot was built almost entirely around the Red (this was a problem for Shinkenger too) and the development of Ran and Retsu was abandoned in order to focus on Rio and Mele, who remained steadfastly unlikeable. GekiViolet and GekiChopper had no purpose beyond merchandising, since it was made apparent early on that they weren't that important to the final conflict - only Jan could defeat Rio, only the main three could defeat Long.

Now this I disagree on. Sure, you are probably right about GekiChopper, but Rio and Mele are far from unlikeable. In fact, they have become the best Sentai villians to be threatening since GoGoV's Saima Clan. And as much as I love Rijewel and Jannu from AbaRanger, as a whole, the Evorians were pretty lackluster villians for the most part. Voffa and Mikael were just bad designs. Rio and Mele were tough, they would fight the rangers instead of just sitting in the background drinking sake and whine about their defeats. Not to mention their upgraded forms were fantastic. Oh, and the fact that they had human actors playing them made their emotions feel more powerful. As for the rangers, they were all well done. Yeah, it was pretty focused on Jan, but most of the best Sentai series truly focus on the red ranger. Look at KakuRanger, DaiRanger, and CarRanger. They are by far three of the top five best series and the red rangers in those were focused on heavily.

Oh sweet, another Go-onger bashing thread.
I haven't seen on of these before. :shakefist

It isn't our fault Go-Onger is by far consider the worst Sentai series of all time by anyone. Can you honestly tell me that there is a series (besides Goseiger) that even has the potential to being as shitty as it?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top