NAME THE WORST SUPER SENTAI SERIES YOU'VE EVER WATCHED

Frankly, Super Sentai is my favourite tokusatsu show since Kamen RIder star doing weird since the Heisei Period (God, I miss the old style Kamen RIder), and although many people believes Super sentai also going astray compare to the old times, but it's still my favourite show. But, recently I watched the most crappy sentai ever Engine Sentai Go Onger. As usual I thought maybe the first couple of episode as usual a introduction to the characters, but more I watched it is getting lame. The Villains sucks, nobody that cool, not to mention the heroes. And for the most part is the mecha is ugly. I mean I really like Gattai version in Sentai but Engine Oh and the other engine gattai until G12 is the most crappy design. THERE IS NO DIFFERNCE BETWEEN THE COMBINATION!!! Whoever design Go Onger is really sucks. Not to mention all the mecha engines looks like toys, even the weapons. The storyline is also more tone to funny than serious.

Oh sweet, another Go-onger bashing thread.
I haven't seen on of these before. :shakefist

The storyline is also more tone to funny than serious.

Yes, because death and blood everywhere makes everything so much cooler and deep[!]

I don't think "crappy" is how Super Sentai should be described, but it's more of "disappointing".
these threads have just got to stop, it's getting irritating. :redface2:

/B$ of the Tokusatsu. fanpage.
I knew before reading this that this would be about Go-onger.

So I'm going to turn the tables.

Shinkenger:
Use's the exact toy style's from Go-Onger toyline. The characters were poorly writtin, the dialog was predictable, there were only about 3 epic "Arcs" in the entire show, Horrible use of the Samurai Motif, Movie sucked, Most of the people who watched the show only watched it to see Mako, It tried to be dark and serious but failed. Genta is the only redeemable character on the show, A fucking mech that is such a waste it needs a stage with wheels, **** that at least G12 could walk on its own two feet.

Frankly, Super Sentai is my favourite tokusatsu show since Kamen RIder star doing weird since the Heisei Period (God, I miss the old style Kamen RIder), and although many people believes Super sentai also going astray compare to the old times, but it's still my favourite show. But, recently I watched the most crappy sentai ever Engine Sentai Go Onger. As usual I thought maybe the first couple of episode as usual a introduction to the characters, but more I watched it is getting lame. The Villains sucks, nobody that cool, not to mention the heroes. And for the most part is the mecha is ugly. I mean I really like Gattai version in Sentai but Engine Oh and the other engine gattai until G12 is the most crappy design. THERE IS NO DIFFERNCE BETWEEN THE COMBINATION!!! Whoever design Go Onger is really sucks. Not to mention all the mecha engines looks like toys, even the weapons. The storyline is also more tone to funny than serious.

While that is your own opinion and you have the right to express it, you don't need to start a thread to bash it. If you did a little research on this specific Super Sentai you'd find out it was the decision of the creators that they wanted it to be like the light-hearted goofy Showa era series. Also, proof-read your post before posting.

I knew before reading this that this would be about Go-onger.

So I'm going to turn the tables.

Shinkenger:
Use's the exact toy style's from Go-Onger toyline. The characters were poorly writtin, the dialog was predictable, there were only about 3 epic "Arcs" in the entire show, Horrible use of the Samurai Motif, Movie sucked, Most of the people who watched the show only watched it to see Mako, It tried to be dark and serious but failed. Genta is the only redeemable character on the show, A fucking mech that is such a waste it needs a stage with wheels, **** that at least G12 could walk on its own two feet.

Dude, don't stoop to his level and bash a series just to get a reaction. If that's your honest opinion of Shinkenger fine, but don't bash it for bashing's sake. Give a well-written review of it in your opinion.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I agree about Shinkenger and I'm disappointed that it's probably going to get a whole horde of new fans thanks to Power Rangers. It doesn't need to be any more popular than it already is. It is eating into the franchise - people refuse to watch or support other series because they insist Shinkenger is THE BEST and nothing could ever top it. To add to Jedibmoney's review: it had a main villain who spent much of the series sitting about doing nothing, Mako was awful to Ryuunosuke and Kotoha and had no business to interfere in Takeru's affairs yet we were expected to view this positively just because she was pretty (I am not "Mako-bashing" - there are other characters like this in Sentai), there was basically no plot for a dozen episodes and Genta was a classic case of Sixth Ranger Syndrome.

While I like Gekiranger and think it is a good series,the characterisation was terrible. The plot was built almost entirely around the Red (this was a problem for Shinkenger too) and the development of Ran and Retsu was abandoned in order to focus on Rio and Mele, who remained steadfastly unlikeable. GekiViolet and GekiChopper had no purpose beyond merchandising, since it was made apparent early on that they weren't that important to the final conflict - only Jan could defeat Rio, only the main three could defeat Long.

Last edited:
Mad Skillz
I think most of you are missing the point of the thread, to name the Sentai that you disliked the most, not a "let's bash Go-Onger" thread.

While that is your own opinion and you have the right to express it, you don't need to start a thread to bash it. If you did a little research on this specific Super Sentai you'd find out it was the decision of the creators that they wanted it to be like the light-hearted goofy Showa era series. Also, proof-read your post before posting.
Question, have you ever seen any Shouwa series in its entirety? They certainly had comedy, but they weren't as asinine as some of the comedy of recent Sentai. And they generally held up a more dramatic and adventurous tone than direction of a lot of modern Sentai which is basically "Get the actors to scowl and seem serious" at times.

Let's switch it up! Worst Sentai that ISN'T Go-Onger, folks! Let's hear 'em!

My worst is Maskman. Shougo's going to see that and think its the bad sub, but you know what...its not only that. The show is BORING.

Nothing fucking happens in most of the episodes, and they leave out little touches that screw with your sense of each story's narrative. Little things like explaining how both sides appear to always know what each other is doing--no screen, no narrator--the Maskman or Tube just, appear to show up.

At first I thought it was just the way 80's shows are, but Changeman didn't seem to bug me. Or Flashman.

The fights aren't really that good; people think they are. Most of them just feature a LOT of flipping, or the Maskman catching a beatdown. This isn't to say there aren't some good ones--Akira versus Kiros was a nice one--but what happens is Kageyama's theme starts playing and you ignore that most of the fighting is: stock flip, stock flip, grazing sword hit, MASK KI CANNON!

I'm disappointed that it's probably going to get a whole horde of new fans thanks to Power Rangers.

What a coincedence. I'm disappointed its going to BE a Power Rangers series. Full stop. ShinkenRed will get Mack'd, the same way BoukenRed did in Operation Overdrive.

Mad Skillz
Let's switch it up! Worst Sentai that ISN'T Go-Onger, folks! Let's hear 'em!
I have always been pretty bored to heck by Dynaman. Could never find much reason to care for the characters on either side, well maybe Kyuutarou, but there were times I just wanted to slap the dude.

Also the suits looked like crap, easily my least favorite designs in any Sentai.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
What a coincedence. I'm disappointed its going to BE a Power Rangers series. Full stop. ShinkenRed will get Mack'd, the same way BoukenRed did in Operation Overdrive.

I don't think it is true that all the best Reds are stoic and super-serious like ShinkenRed or BoukenRed, but then PROO is generally agreed to be a crappy series even by Disney standards. If the casting leak is real, Saban appears to be trying to keep the basic personalities of the originals, so while ShinkenRed's counterpart may not live up to what his die-hard fans would like he should at least get a better conclusion than "He's a real boy now!"