On the plus side...

Toei's reuse of the Golem Hei from Zyuranger...

Senshi with weapons...they've gone sentai!!!

Usagi and Ami w/ Swords
Rei and Minako w/ Dagger
Makoto w/ a naginata

LMAO

has left HJU. Not coming back.
I haven't seen that show before. It's a good thing that I'm not a fan of Sailor Moon anyways.

Would like to change his avatar
This show is awful. A disgrace to tokusatsu -- yes, even moreso than Voicelugger. It's just fine for four year old girls, but I absolutely can not understand why you old guys around these boards like this show! The special effects are a laugh, the acting/fighting nonexistant -- the stories moronic and cute beyond belief (sure tell sign it's a show for little girls). It can't just be the jailbait stars as I thought, as people actually discuss elements of this show that doesn't require creepy lusting after the underage stars.

Can't take it...head going to explode...Hokuto Shinken style...

Eye See You
Shougo Kuroiwa said:
This show is awful. A disgrace to tokusatsu -- yes, even moreso than Voicelugger. It's just fine for four year old girls, but I absolutely can not understand why you old guys around these boards like this show! The special effects are a laugh, the acting/fighting nonexistant -- the stories moronic and cute beyond belief (sure tell sign it's a show for little girls). It can't just be the jailbait stars as I thought, as people actually discuss elements of this show that doesn't require creepy lusting after the underage stars.

I must agree. Freedom Black threw the series into the stuff I grabbed from him and I could not go past the first 9 episodes without feeling like a 4 year old 49lb Asian girl named Makiko. I'll keep the series if ever my sister wants to check it out.

Shougo Kuroiwa said:
This show is awful. A disgrace to tokusatsu -- yes, even moreso than Voicelugger. It's just fine for four year old girls, but I absolutely can not understand why you old guys around these boards like this show!

New world with its own set of rules, villians, monsters and heroes. Sailor Moon is already up there with Japan's finest and timeless heroes. Some of us like that we're now able to enjoy it with the live action flavor that only the toku genre brings us.

It's not a disgrace. If what we watch awakens and brings joy the the nine year old boy inside of us, this is like the nine year old cool girl that would like to play with us at that age and fight against imaginary monsters in her own way.

In the end, we all stand side by side and fight how we saw best.

Just fun stuff.

The special effects are a laugh,

As a toku fan... NO toku fan really as a right to rag on "laughable" special effects.

the acting/fighting nonexistant

If you go in hating something without even trying to dig on it, then that's what you're going to see. Sailor Mecury on the other hand is a great actress and showed genuine range of emotions when she was going from Dark to Light Mercury and did it with ease.

Queen Beryl is fantastic and Kunzite... that brother ferkin' OWNS the show.

Overall, the action quaility is seriously no worse than any toku show out there.

-- the stories moronic

Some elements may be goofier than others, but the overal legend of Sailor Moon and her Senshi is pretty good. The souls of fantasy fighters reborn in everyday girls to battle again for their Princess of a long ago fallen kingdom on the moon.

That's a concept I like.

and cute beyond belief (sure tell sign it's a show for little girls). It can't just be the jailbait stars as I thought, as people actually discuss elements of this show that doesn't require creepy lusting after the underage stars.

Well, the girls are hot. I ain't even trying to look at Luna, but the rest of the girls seem high teen, so.... *shrug* no big deal to me. I'm not about to try and ask one on a date or feel they're mature enough to make my daydream roster, but definately fun to hang with and watch.

Show isn't or everyone. If you were that nine year old boy who found girls to be absolutly icky and everything about them against what you like with your mud, grit and slimey toads.... best to stay away.

If you're the kind that liked it when a girl would come along and battle with you against the imaginary monsters that would attack your neighborhood, then maybe you'll be down with it.

Fighting... meh.. it's more about how it's handled dramatically than caring much for actual good fight choreography. The girls would scrap with monsters along side me and my buddies couldn't rough house for ****, be we liked that they took up the plastic sword anyway.

So, it's a mixture of that.... liking a little girl power to augment my boy brashness.... liking the legend and just having fun.

I would watch it (and buy dvds of it!) IF the character Wiseman (Death Phantom) was one of, if not the main villain. How ironic the only character in the entire sailor moon storyline is the character that has the least unique appearance. He's just a guy in a cloak!