My Problem with the Villians in Modern Super Sentai

I do agree on Richihiker from Car, but not Gien in Time. Have you not seen the whole series?
 
But that's what I'm saying. I was pointing out villains that could have remained as costumes while the rest of the cast would've been played by actors.
 
I think what killed it for me for most villains in the more recent Sentai shows after Go-Busters is that well....they don't really seem all that motivated or threatening to watch. I don't know, maybe it's just me because I'm starting to grow less interested in today's Sentai and more into Kamen Rider and past Sentai shows. Or maybe it's because the Sentai shows after Gokaiger are starting to become more lack-lustering.

What do you guys think?!?!
 
I haven't truly found one Sentai since Gokaige to be all that interesting. Kyoryu was watchable and had energy, but it was just Daigoger. As for rider, I thought W-Fourze were all solid series, but then Wizard and Drive were lackluster.
 
Villain has been felt short in last few years.
It seems Kobayashi written sentai in recent years (Shinkenger, Go-busters, and ToQger) are more interesting IMO.
Shadow Line was very interesting, since it had such a nice variety.
It's kind of interesting that odd year sentai (Gokaiger, Kyoryuger, and Ninninger) has the least threatening and intimidating villain organization.
Zangyack was really weak; Deboth was pretty forgettable (except Candelilla and Luckyuro); and Kibaoni Corps may be the all time least intimidating, least threatening, and least interesting villain organization I've ever seen.
 
Interesting? Barizorg did far more in 30 episodes of Gokaiger than Dokoku did in the entire series of Shinken.
 
^ Well you can't really expect him to do much when he dries up the moment he leaves the River. I was more disappointed in Juzo and Tayu; they were built up to be really significant but they mostly meandered throughout the show.
 
^ Well you can't really expect him to do much when he dries up the moment he leaves the River.

Actually I can because that is just poor writing on the writers part. They wrote themselves in a corner by doing something as dumb as that.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top