Most Memorable Tokusatsu Moments

toranoko

Member
I'm the type of person who forgets things really really easily. But sometimes, there are things that really stand out that I don't think I'll ever forget.

So I was wondering, what are some of your guys most memorable tokusatsu moments?

I recently re-watched Kuuga, but there were some scenes that I remembered from when I first watched the series 10 years ago. The first thing that always comes to my mind is when Kuuga goes ballastic on the porcupine Grongi in episode 35.
[HIDE]
kuugaoutofcontrol.gif
[/HIDE]Of course, the whole Kuuga and Daguba final fight and when Ichijou takes out the lady with the rose tattoo are pretty much etched in my mind too.

I have a few others, but what about everyone else? What are some tokusatsu moments you will never forget, no matter how many years pass?
 
The final fight between Jan and Rio in Gekiranger, I will never forget watching that as long as I live, Gekiranger is still my favorite Sentai series, and that was such a culmination of 45 episodes of build-up.

The epic cliff showdown between Takeru and Juzo in Shinkenger, where Takeru gets stabbed through the shoulder, such an epic fight, and I honestly remember it better than their final fight because it felt so climactic, they should've just left Juzo dead

Philip's "death" in Kamen Rider Double, I honestly shed a manly tear for that, it felt so raw and real for me and the build-up over the previous few episodes made it so emotional....until they ruined it by resurrecting him

The final battle of OOO, not because of the fighting, but because of how Eijk and Ankh interacted, the human emotion between them, and then Ankh's death (which I feel was handled beautifully) also made me shed a manly tear. It was something I predicted back in the beginning, and by the last 2 episodes we all saw it coming, but I had grown to feel for Ankh so much that it still felt so impactful
 
I've got so many from Magiranger, I could practically declare the entire series. But I won't, I'll limit myself to three; the final confrontation between Kai and Wolzard, the siblings finally being reunited with their mother, and the time when Kai and Houka swapped bodies.

Also Kamen Rider Ryuki's final episode, specifically the end with Yui and Shirou. So many tears, every time.
 
In Ohranger episode 1 when ohred was in his Jet. He shoots some **** down, flies out in his motorcycle, races to the scene where the others are getting the **** beat out of them.. Raises helmet. Stands forward...CHORIKI HENSHIN.. I freaking Love that first Ohred henshin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NYbFiqZRRdM#t=887s
Another great one for me is the first Gingaman transformation. It's like that group nod... GINGA TENSEI.... So damn cool.
 
Ultraman Tiga, the fight against Kyrieloid II. When everybody realize that they should help Tiga, and he tries to get back up.
 
while its not necessarily "epic" it did make me laugh so hard i almost passed out in one of the earlier episodes of Timeranger, after dealing with the conflict of that episode (TimeGreen gets kidnapped or something and we learn that he's an alien) anyway at the very end Reds giving him this little speech and at the end of that he says something about how cool his hair is and how he thought he dyed it. Then the heart warming music cuts out when Green tells him that he does dye it cause he thought it looked cool. lol i love timeranger.

Also the entire first episode of W, i can play that pretty much perfectly by "memory".:confused2*hurries and ducks behind furniture*
 
When the Tatsumi family goes into space to destroy a Saima meteor Armageddon style. That was sick.

One of the things that will always be vividly etched into my memory is Kino's surgery on Shoichi in one of the final few episodes of Agito. Like, all three of the Agito's have lost their powers, Hikawa is going blind due to Inoue Syndrome and Mana is being hunted down, and Kino manages to perform surgery in the middle of a road upon a wide-awake Shoichi. Kino himself was injured and pledged to Shoichi that he would keep on fighting alongside him. Have to give everyone in Agito props in that.
 
when the Magirangers found out their mother was still alive and finally reunited with her after about 40+ eps, I cried so hard the moment they broke down in front of her.
 
Timeranger! My best ever Sentai. I'll follow the rule of three: the moment where Ayase reveals he's dying, the scenes where Naoto actually dies, and the ending. What a cheerful show that was ...

The beginning and end of Gokaiger. Also during the final confrontation with Basco where Marvelous says "dreams fade away when you think you can't reach them."

Any moment involving Ren Senjyu in Nexus. I really felt for that guy.

Rio and Mele's deaths in Gekiranger, not because it was sad, but because I cheered that the emo-kids were gone at last.

Zyuranger: when Burai is on his way to the afterlife and the boy isn't there any more because Burai saved his life. That was a tearjerker.

Any zany moment in Kakuranger including Tsuruhime Burger, Sasuke going undercover as a baby, and the giant cat geisha.

Dekaranger vs Abaranger: when Nakadai leaves.

The ending of Blade. Again not for sadness but because it makes me rage incoherently. I will hate Hajime forever.

Most of Janperson. I love it, but it was trippy.
 
The scene with the madou tree beast in Garo: Beast of the Midnight Sun. In order to complete his mission to save someone he cares for, Kouga is forced to cut down images fo everyone he has strong emotions for. It's easy for Kodama, but when it turns to Kaoru and Tiga, you can see the pain in Kouga's eyes.

The final duel between Joe and Barizorg in Gokaiger. Joe is fighting for the soul of his mentor, and realizes the only way to save that soul is to kill the man he respects, even if very little of him is left.

Mephisto's redemption in Ultraman Nexus.

Near the end of Changeman, where most of the villains defect from Gozma. Gaata wants to be with his family. Buba dies so that Sheema can live free, and Gyodai is rescued from the Gozmaad by Changeman.

Kamen Rider OOO: "I don't regret choosing you, Eiji. But mine is no longer the hand you should reach for." And Eiji does it anyway, because that's who he is.

Jetman: No damn you, Gai! Go to the goddamn hospital! Your friends will understand if you call them from there. But you dying on Ryuu's wedding day? Bastard.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top