Most Badass Red Ranger in Super Sentai

And besides TimeRed was a dual weilder, now that is badass. Name another Red senshi who did that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eef9UnuR0Tg&t=1m26s"]DekaRed vs.Shake - YouTube[/ame]

(PS: In no way am I claiming Ban to be "badass", just that he dual-wielded too)
 
oh man, I can't help but chuckle seeing Marvelous getting most of the votes in this thread. it just tells me that most of you haven't seen any series other than Gokaiger. :P

Not exactly, its just this thread came up after Gokaiger finishes. People still remember everything about Gokaiger and thus will give vote to Marvelous.

To make a fair vote, try making a vote for the most good Red Senshi. the vote will come in a wider perspective.
 
There is nothing WRONG with liking Marvelous. If people like him and think he's a badass character, that's their business. There's no need for others to laugh just because you don't like Gokaiger. I detest Akashi and think he's a horrible character, but I'm not going to sneer at someone for listing him as a favourite Red.
 
Time....FIIIIIRRRRREEEEEE!!!!!

(He's Red Colored >:D)

No more than Kabuto Raiger does, I think. While their concept in-series was "it's like there's another Red, only he's an asshole!!"the marketing for the character placed him very solidly as a sixth ranger.

Remember the ending though? Inception...
 
*Dusts off account*

Hmm...an interesting question. While I have not seen that many Sentai* series, out of the ones I have seen...I would probably give the award to Alata.

Marvelous was set up to be a badass from episode one, while Alata was initially written to be more of a centering element to the team. Therefore, when I saw him do things like calming the Abare Headder and the whole battle with Dark GoseiKnight of the Groundion Headder I was just amazed. Deflecting laser blasts unchanged with your hand (and a box of scraps!) helps, too.

Another factor for me is the fact that Alata never gave up. Beside the former two incidents, an early example from the Warstar arc was the spin flip...thing. He did not give up in showing Nozomu that it was a useful technique.

Finally, mention must be given to the actors, both Yudai Chiba and Yasuhiro Takeuchi. Chiba, especially after the Warstar arc, gave the role of Alata the appearance of a person who loves the Earth. Outside of battle, this manifests as an obvious desire to experience as much of the culture as he can, and Chiba lets that come through excellently. Takeuchi shows Alata's determination in battle; his desire to fight as hard as he can to protect the planet. The way Takeuchi did the swordplay with the Skick Sword was far and away one of the more enjoyable parts of early Goseiger for me.

That's most of the reasons why I think Alata is the most badass Red out of the Sentais I've see more than half of. I probably missed something, but I think I covered most of my bases here.

*The list, for sake of comparison and everyone knowing my limits of Red knowledge are: Dekaranger, Magiranger, most of Boukenger, most of Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, and Gokaiger.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top