[Anime] Mobile Suit Gundam: Universal Century Saga (0079-Victory) Mega-Thread

Eye See You
This might be my first purchase for 2012, do these comes with english instructions?.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4511xaXziA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4511xaXziA[/ame]
High Grade 1/60

08th finale was pretty good. So the Gundam collided with the Zeon ship and then went into the mountain.

Are you watching the DVD version of it or recordings from when it aired on Toonami? I ask because that actually is not the ending. There's an epilogue episode after that which was never aired on TV (probably because it had no mecha action at all) and is... pretty divisive amongst the fans who have seen it. I personally like it as a final refrain of the themes of the show but YMMV.

The Toonami airing also did something wacky where they edited down a recap/fill-in-the-blanks-between-two-episodes bonus DVD episode called Miller's Report, so if there was an episode with a blonde Federation lady investigating Shiro's actions that's it.

What were the names of the 2 different looking versions of the Gundam Mobile Suits in this series?.

The initial Gundams used by the team are the RX-79(G) or the Gundam Ground Type (which is strong against the Gundam Fire Type but weak against the Gundam Water Type). Shiro's custom model that he pilots after it gets wrecked and repaired with what spare parts they could scrounge up is called the Gundam EZ-8.

Eye See You
The final episode I had in my batch had Kiki & the other guy bumping into a group of kids that were effected by the war and had met Shiro & Aina after the final battle and gave the kids the names of the 08th Team, then Kiki & goofus eventually find Shiro and pregnant Aina at a cabin.

正義の味方
Yup, that's the real ending. What a great epilogue. Did Shiro lose an arm or something though?

Mad Skillz
Should be a lot of fun, I might rewatch it myself, it's been ages since I first saw it.

(don't let the fact that the lead is a little kid throw you off)

Eye See You
Mad Skillz
It starts off sort of light (as far as ep 1 goes), but that's basically part of the story for the main character, going from a kid who thinks war is cool (there's a bit in the first ep that has him playing a video game where he destroys the city rather than the monsters attacking it) to someone who gets shoved into having to grow up. The last episode is pretty much one of my favorite episodes of anything I've ever seen.

Last edited: