[Anime] Mobile Suit Gundam: Universal Century Saga (0079-Victory) Mega-Thread

Lurker
I kind of agree, Season 2 is definitely not as good as Season 1, IMO. I hated some of the choices they made like...

Why the **** did they replace Neil with his twin? Lame.

I haven't even seen the movie because I heard there were aliens...

The me, the only good thing about Season 2 was Tiera, he went from been the character I hated the most in Season 1 to being the reason why I continue to watch it.

I can't forgive Season 2 for ignoring Hallelujah for almost the entire thing (he only "appeared" 3 times)

Gundam 00 proves that the 25 episode format des not work fr that series. I felt in seasn 2 the antagonists, especially ali al sachez was very underdeveloped. And it akso sucks that l'arc didnt sing the theme song but i do like trust you.

And the movie is what i call the kingdom of the crystal skull in gundam but i take it over cosmic era any day of the week, twice pn sunday.

But on the subject of g gundam, ohtsuka hochu is awesome as chibodee. I feel the politically incorrect undertones are lost if not watched in japanese. Plus, it doesnt feel right when you hear gandamu faito rediiiiiii gooooooooo if not in japa ese

正義の味方
I haven't even seen the movie because I heard there were aliens...

Don't- it'll spoil Season 1 even more. I regretted seeing the movie...

00 has such a good premise, and it was pretty okay... until they decided to pull off another Destiny. It's just too bad.

Otsuka Hochu was Chibodee? Now that you think about it.... HOLY THEY DO SOUND THE SAME. That's awesome!

G Gundam is way more Gundam than any other alternate universe Gundams will ever be, and anything post-Unicorn in the timeline. G even called the ecological message before Unicorn did, although it was mentioned subtly at times in the earlier UC series.

Lurker
00 has such a good premise, and it was pretty okay... until they decided to pull off another Destiny. It's just too bad.

That's because 00 is a watered down, post 9/11 version of Wing.

Tbh, I've avoided the movie. Just have very, very little interest to watch it.

I regret I did... Whatever idea about the film you have in your head is as good as the movie is going to get. :redface2:

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
I'll be honest, for the longest time, I hated Gundam

Watched Seed one evening on late night Toonami and got INSANELY bored

The only ones that were able to hold my attention were G, SD Force, and Gunpla Builders

Then some folks on /m/ suggested that I watch 0079

Spent the majority of that day watching the Ocean Dub and I really got into it

Wouldn't exactly call myself a full fledged Gundam fan (still like Zoids better honestly), but I do enjoy it now, at least more than I did

Eye See You
Ep 6 rocked. The scene were the girl took the dude's letter to tease while running from him while reading it out loud only to stop in her tracks at the sadness the letter turned into was fantastic.

Next episode is "Reunion" so now **** is gonna hit the fan with our Romeo & Juliet.

正義の味方
That's because 00 is a watered down, post 9/11 version of Wing.

I regret I did... Whatever idea about the film you have in your head is as good as the movie is going to get. :redface2:

That.... makes sense, now that I think of it.

Yeah, I'd rather watch the movie in the movie rather than the movie itself. :laugh:

I'll be honest, for the longest time, I hated Gundam

Watched Seed one evening on late night Toonami and got INSANELY bored

The only ones that were able to hold my attention were G, SD Force, and Gunpla Builders

Then some folks on /m/ suggested that I watch 0079

Spent the majority of that day watching the Ocean Dub and I really got into it

Wouldn't exactly call myself a full fledged Gundam fan (still like Zoids better honestly), but I do enjoy it now, at least more than I did

With Seed you can start off in the wrong foot, so watching 0079 was a good call. From there you can move on to Z, MS TEAM, War In The Pocket, Stardust Memory, and Unicorn, although I'd recommend avoiding ZZ.

The thing about SEED is that, while you can see how it started the Second Gundam Boom, it has aged VERY poorly in some respects. Depending on which episode you catch in its run, it can make for a very bad first impression.

Eye See You
**** is getting interesting with Shin/Aina/and Kiki.

I marked out when the Zaku blew up and then destroyed the house where Kiki's father was in and the part where the one Fedy launched the fucking rocket right into the Zaku cockpit. I'm glad that pilot is dead because he annoyed the **** out of me.