[Anime] Mobile Suit Gundam: Universal Century Saga (0079-Victory) Mega-Thread

Lurker
SEED may have had its problems, don't even get me started on Destiny, but at the very least, IMO, it has the best MS animation in the Gundam franchise, and some of the best Gundam designs.

正義の味方
but at the very least, IMO, it has the best MS animation in the Gundam franchise

Stardust Memory and Unicorn would like to have a word with you.

...although, for a TV series the level of animation was pretty good though.

and some of the best Gundam designs

This. The Strike was a sexy beast. And I'm a sucker for Aegi's MA Mode, which sadly didn't get to see as much action as I hoped for, nor did they bring that aesthetic to the Justice.

Lurker
The thing about SEED is that, while you can see how it started the Second Gundam Boom, it has aged VERY poorly in some respects. Depending on which episode you catch in its run, it can make for a very bad first impression.
Its kinda funny that you say that since a remastered version of Seed in HD will begin airing in exactly a week
SEED may have had its problems, don't even get me started on Destiny, but at the very least, IMO, it has the best MS animation in the Gundam franchise, and some of the best Gundam designs.

they probably used the money they saved using as much stock footage as they did to fund everything else :laugh:

In regards to 00 I though it was really good for what it was and while it had its flaws i loved it

Lurker
In regards to 00 I though it was really good for what it was and while it had its flaws i loved it

The movie costed all the good standing 00 had with me (even the greatness that was the first Lockon and S2 Tieria). I found the movie to be that horrible.

Its kinda funny that you say that since a remastered version of Seed in HD will begin airing in exactly a week

Well, SEED first hit it big when digital coloring was still a new thing (and... not quite mastered yet) and people were not yet tired of Same Face Hirano.

It'll be interesting to see how SEED HD does both in terms of if the nostalgia holds up (and yes, SEED is old enough to have nostalgic value for some) and if the remastering/changes tweek anything (Strike is apparently getting a new upgrade that uses all its packs at once, for example).

Really would like to see that...

eDlVV.jpg

If you look at the lineart that's shown here from the initial promo, you'll notice the various bits on Strike all come from different packs, as well as some additional bits on the back that may be the new frame that holds it all together.

The story goes that some kind of All Packs Strike was originally planned to be the big upgrade for the show before Bandai wanted more new models and the decision was made to add Freedom to the show. So the Remastering project may be a chance for the crew to show off some of the ideas that originally got left on the cutting room floor.

Lurker
[hide]
eDlVV.jpg
[/hide]

If you look at the lineart that's shown here from the initial promo, you'll notice the various bits on Strike all come from different packs, as well as some additional bits on the back that may be the new frame that holds it all together.

The story goes that some kind of All Packs Strike was originally planned to be the big upgrade for the show before Bandai wanted more new models and the decision was made to add Freedom to the show. So the Remastering project may be a chance for the crew to show off some of the ideas that originally got left on the cutting room floor.

Wow... It looks like the Gundam equivalent of Super Saiyan 3... Hope they do animate it.

Eye See You
08th finale was pretty good. So the Gundam collided with the Zeon ship and then went into the mountain.

What were the names of the 2 different looking versions of the Gundam Mobile Suits in this series?.

Last edited: