180003b.jpg

I just got it. Now... I have to wait home to get to my DS. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hands-On Impressions:

Played a couple more seconds of it on my co-worker's DS.

First thought to my mind was, "So THIS is why playing a FPS is so much better on a mouse!" I used the thumb-nubber and it was pretty awesome how quickly I could move my gun about the play.

Environments are nothing short of awe inspiring and pretty damn good for the DS.

BUT.... where it comes up short is where the touch screen is located. Since it's in the middle your thumb has to stretched over just a little bit to use it. Not noticable at first, but after a while it get uncomfortable. But there's "Duel Mode" where you end up useing the X,Y,A, B buttons as your second analog. This is what I'm more used to and it's a bit better, but not near as fast. I doubt one would survive long online fighting like that.

The game itself is pretty damn remarkable, as any Metroid Prime game. And to have it on the go is snazzy.

I played it for less than ten minutes, so I'm not sure yet if it's possible to get used to the controls.

More later as I play it...

Okay, tried playing it with the stylus and am liking it a lot better. MUCH better, infact now I see how first person shooters are SUPPOSE to be.

I didn't like the demo too much, but I dunno... I'm really liking this finished version. Engaging and damn hard to put down. Hurts a little bit, but that's cuz of the DS's clunky design. Mario Kart DS hurts my hands after a while.

But oy... this is one full bodied game. Give it a rental and give it a little time to see if you like it. So far I'm liking this better than Prime.

Kinda dig the hand held experience.. damn hard to take my eyes off it.

We'll see how it turns out. I was in love with the beginning of Prime too and after the introduction I stopped playing it. Might be the same with this, but I have to give it a thumbs up.

I've added another great game to the list of games I should play but never get around to.

I am the law
We still have it at work for 20 bones. Not to mention that I believe it was avalible at work like a week ago :p

Yes...I'm a bastard for where I work ;)

-RF

I am the law
Just checked out the game here at work.
Hopfully I'll be able to play it while inbetween calls today.

-RF

I am the law
Well, after playing around w/ it for a few moments. It takes a little getting used to playing w/ the Stylus Mode. But it's a pretty cool game so far. The begining movie also was pretty damn impressive.

EDIT- HOLY CRAP some of these bosses are just TOUGH on the hands w/ that damn trigger button! :laugh:

-RF

Last edited:
I am the law
Keith "JC" Hayward said:
Okay................... where do I find my friends code? :redface2:
Okay..go to the "Find Game" & "Friends and Rivals" screen.
Select "Edit Friends & Rivals"
Select "Add Friend"
Then on the top screen it should display your friend code (on the left hand side of the top screen).
:thumbs:

-RF