I thought it came out on the 27, so I had to take a long ass walk to get there after I was tired from tennis pratice:mad: . But enough of my bitchin I'm who already have it.

It's Judgement Time!
Picked it up earlier today right before I went to school. Unwrapping it now to give it a go for a few hours.

Played for a couple hours today, I guessing I'm halfway done Byyor (I don't have names down yet). So far it's awesome until my wrist starts hurting like hell.

LOVING IT! giving me such a boner! Samus and that one Hunter Chick....Nintendo may as well have just TOLD 4CHAN to create Rule #34

It's Judgement Time!
It's an ok game, I think. It's nothing new over the gamecube versions. But I did love the boss battle against the.. er Ice Guy, I guess I'll call it. I don't remember the name.

By now, though, I'm really tired of scanning things. It was nice in Prime 1 when they eased off your balls about telling you where to go. It was more about exploration than little missions and objectives. So scanning was like an extension of exploring and learning more. By the time I hit corruption, scanning feels more like a chore and I find myself not giving a damn to read half the stuff the scans even say.

"Sammy"? Cute.

I finished Byyor (or whatever) so now I'm stopping for the night/morning. So far, the game is nice. The graphics are about the same as the Cubes, but the new models do look slightly better. I think it's just that the Wii can handle more models and effects so the graphics aren't beefed up, there's just more dazzling things to see on the screen.

[hide]And jezus they kept that ugly fucking model of Samus from Echoes. Samus looks fucking terrible in this game. When she took off her helmet att he end of the Byyor mission, that ruined the entire moment and feel of the game for me. They just don't give a **** anymore about letting Samus be a mysterious bad ass in her suit. No, she's got to keep coming out of it. So what's the special surprise going to be at the end of this game? We know she looks fugly as hell still. Lord knows I dont want the suit to come off, and it's already come off. So what the hell will we get with an 80% or higher this time?

Would it have killed them to keep the game in a more realistic setting with Samus not looking like a fucking cartoon character? I liked how Samus looked in Prime 1. This Echoes Samus is pure ****.

But oh well, I'm trying not to let that affect my enjoyment of the game.[/hide]

It's an ok game, I think. It's nothing new over the gamecube versions. But I did love the boss battle against the.. er Ice Guy, I guess I'll call it. I don't remember the name.

By now, though, I'm really tired of scanning things. It was nice in Prime 1 when they eased off your balls about telling you where to go. It was more about exploration than little missions and objectives. So scanning was like an extension of exploring and learning more. By the time I hit corruption, scanning feels more like a chore and I find myself not giving a damn to read half the stuff the scans even say.

"Sammy"? Cute.

I finished Byyor (or whatever) so now I'm stopping for the night/morning. So far, the game is nice. The graphics are about the same as the Cubes, but the new models do look slightly better. I think it's just that the Wii can handle more models and effects so the graphics aren't beefed up, there's just more dazzling things to see on the screen.

[hide]And jezus they kept that ugly fucking model of Samus from Echoes. Samus looks fucking terrible in this game. When she took off her helmet att he end of the Byyor mission, that ruined the entire moment and feel of the game for me. They just don't give a **** anymore about letting Samus be a mysterious bad ass in her suit. No, she's got to keep coming out of it. So what's the special surprise going to be at the end of this game? We know she looks fugly as hell still. Lord knows I dont want the suit to come off, and it's already come off. So what the hell will we get with an 80% or higher this time?

Would it have killed them to keep the game in a more realistic setting with Samus not looking like a fucking cartoon character? I liked how Samus looked in Prime 1. This Echoes Samus is pure ****.

But oh well, I'm trying not to let that affect my enjoyment of the game.[/hide]
can you help me I'm stuck at byyor were theres that big laying statue.

It's Judgement Time!
can you help me I'm stuck at byyor were theres that big laying statue.

[hide]Hm, you mean that kind of grassy area with a golem laying down? Well, not sure how you're stuck. If you face the entrance you can scan those panels and then pull them off with your grapple to reveal a Morph Ball path back up to the entrance door. If I remember correctly there's a tunnel/path on the ground with the golem, scale up it. Find a door. Go through it.

I forgot, if you've jumped down with the golem you can't get back up there until you've gotten you grappling hook upgrade. Just find the door that leads to the next room and keep going.

You'll come to this outside, grassy area on a cliff with a long cap/jump. You might notice a morphball area to the left in the wall. It's kind of hard to see how to access that morphball area. Search around and you'll see a little area to blow up and enter. Your scanner should be able to pick it up.

When you have the grappling hook upgrade you can finally swing your way out of the golem room.[/hide]

It's Judgement Time!
Well I have to say, rather dissapointing for a Metroid game after all is said and done. The final battle was the weakest of the three titles. I won't say anything about difficulty because there is a Veteran and Hyper difficulty setting so, I can't say it was too easy.

There were a couple of memorable bosses but most of them were forgettable and really similar to what we've seen in the past.

The ending, well. The ending was the same as the others. But Samus is still ugly. That extra year of work on this game and they couldnt even try to make her look decent? This is the ugliest Samus I've ever seen. Their artwork of her was extremely nice and well done. I wish they would have tried making her look more like what the artwork tried to portray of her.

After this one, I have to say Prime 1 was still the best of the series and Super Metroid is still the best Metroid game. Corruption had a nice story but really failed to bring any kind of game to the table. It felt like a last gen game and didn't really innovate anything for the FPA genre. It was more of the same with no improvement.

Here's hoping their next game shows some progress, fresh ideas, and new innovations for the franchise.

[hide]Scanning around in the Pirate Home world, there was a message talking about a "Project Metroid Dread" that was nearing completion. Could this be the theme/title of the next game?[/hide]

I don't have a Wii (despite an IOU from my father since last Christmas) so I cannot play Corruption.

What I'm most curious to learn is how the cyborg Meta Ridley turned back into normal Ridley for Super Metroid, which is said to take place after Corruption.