Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie

More spots:

[HIDE][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJVFRrqMrXs[/ame]
2:20

2ild54g.jpg

2rg1741.jpg

2qtxyc1.jpg

280tjix.jpg

5plnhs.jpg

j6st2c.jpg

2608yon.jpg
[/HIDE]
 
Zero's Zero Wide Shot looks like a combination of Ultra Seven 21 in opposite pose for Rejia Shot with Ace's pose for Metallium Kousen like thrusts both arms to his left side before they come together in the "L" shape.
 
If Tsuburaya decide to make a sequel movie, the only way for it to top the first movie in term of SFX is by making the movie in 3D. I mean, if Garo Red Requiem is in 3D, what's stopping Tsuburaya from doing it. I mean, Tsuburaya are always at the forefront of SFX technology in Japan. I mean, if the sequel can top the awesomeness of the first one and Garo Red Requiem can be as awesome as they marketed it to be, these the movies will be how Tokusatsu are going to be judged in the future. I really hope that it can show to those anime fan who always mock tokusatsu, that toku can be as awesome as any anime out there.
 
You are definitely right, they're most certainly not "at the forefront of SFX technology in Japan". But I would definitely say that their films have had some impressive effects. If you cite back to films like Ultraman Gaia: The Battle in Hyperspace and Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey, when Kazuya Konaka was the effects director of the film series, they were the best of their particular genre. Especially when you take into account the fact that for some films in the series he was the director AND special effects director, so his films had this perfect template for them.

After Kazuya Konaka left the effects of the series, the effects shots became kinda lifeless. I especially felt that way about the last two films. But I believe this new film has breathed new life into them. It has this intensely manic and gritty look in some shots that are very uncharacteristic of the series. It's a welcome change.
 
Compare to Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Decade and especially Double, Tsuburaya always had better CGI. Devilman and Cutey Honey were also horrible.Ultraman Cosmos movies were great for their time. Every Kamen Rider movie suck in term of CGI, they are just extension of TV episode. Please, Tsuburaya always has better CGI than Toei, from the beginning it's always like that.
Only Casshern and GARO can impress me, most Japanese movies suck in term of special effect, tokusatsu or anime. The effect for the shocker grunt bomb in AllRider suck hell.
And even if Tsuburaya weren't at the forefront before, they are now, according to the consensus of people who watch it. Even people who dislike the movie still praise it's special effect.
 
Last edited:
Every Kamen Rider movie suck in term of CGI, they are just extension of TV episode. Please, Tsuburaya always has better CGI than Toei, from the beginning it's always like that.

And I never denied that. I totally agree with you. For some reason, it really always bothered me that Kamen Rider would have these mediocre tv-grade effects shots and still beat Ultraman at the box office sometimes.

But honestly, look at the last Kamen Rider film. It featured an All-Rider Kick or something like that, and it featured all the previous Riders kicking at once to defeat the enemy. Very cool idea. But did it look impressive? No. It looked very cartoonish, and ended up coming across very cheesy. It's obvious those film are made solely for a very young audience. That shot was featured online several times, and when I saw it I though it looked hideous. It was truly corny looking. You'd think for such a big event they'd pull out all the stops, but I guess not.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKOVfRk7DB4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKOVfRk7DB4[/ame]

Ultra Galaxy Legend is truly really a beautiful film, with regards to effects. I can't wait to own a copy to watch on my HD TV at home.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top