Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie

Well in reference to Godzilla Final Wars I meant the hiring of Keith Emerson as the primary composer which resulted in a score that sounded like it was largely composed on a Casio keyboard. I enjoy some of the tracks but it was just such a huge shame after Ko Otani's and Michiru Oshima's grand scores for the previous 2000-era Godzilla movies. Tak Matsumoto did a much better job integrating the "rock" element into Ultraman the Next's score, I thought (he kept the orchestra!).

And yeah, the flexibility of an orchestra is its greatest beauty. Like I said, I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the score now!
 
I love amazing coincidences like that.



Oooh, website. *goes to check* Hey, Jim Thatcher's on there! He's an awesome guy.

Any chance you could hook us up with some snippets of the score from the film?

Jim Thatcher's not only an awesome guy, he is an absolute God Amongst Humans when it comes to playing his instrument. It's just insane how good he is; how good all the A-Call players are, actually.

Score-snippets-wise ooooooh I doubt that highly :) Plus, I'm still mixing the soundtrack!

Here's the beginning of the Main Title, though... it goes:

Daaa dada
Daaa dada
Daa Daa Daa
Daaaah...


:D


_Mike
 
Last edited:
Very helpful. Thanks. :P It's fun attempting to "sing" music while typing over the internet. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm a horn player too, and I interned at the Pasadena Symphony where he was the principal horn player a few years ago. I wouldn't say I *know* him, per se, but I know how amazing he is.
 
Ooooohhhh, what a tease. :laugh:

You know what, though? When you hear it, you'll know that was actually accurate. Ha!


Very helpful. Thanks. :P It's fun attempting to "sing" music while typing over the internet. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm a horn player too, and I interned at the Pasadena Symphony where he was the principal horn player a few years ago. I wouldn't say I *know* him, per se, but I know how amazing he is.

No kidding?... right on!


_Mike
 
Yay, you have a picture, now! ;)

I'm actually trying to piece together what the meter of the opening bit could be... Is it in 3?
 
Haha.. yes it's in 3/4! I edited the post to break those first 4 bars up into lines. :) Too funny....


_Mike
 
NEW PHOTOS - MOVIE 2009

Just published in the web of the movie, new pictures of the characters.

Ultras
Monster Aliad Ultras
Capsule Monsters
Monsters cast
:thumbs:





 
Capes on Ultras are awesome. I just keep attempting to channel "Edna" from "The Incredibles" and say NO CAPES!! :laugh:

Haha.. yes it's in 3/4! I edited the post to break those first 4 bars up into lines. :) Too funny....


_Mike

Wee! Ok, I gotta go walk the dog, my geek is showing. :loltongue:
 
Man, those pictures are cool as always. What I wouldn't give to film "Ultraman Sorta & The Ultra Brothers!" :laugh:

*slinks off to go wash his car like he ought to be*
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top