Brad @ Mega
Hey everyone. I think this kind of topic is kosher but if there's a problem, I'd be happy to hear from one of the mods here so we can make things cool. :sweat:

My name is Brad and I work at Mega Bloks in Montreal, Canada as a community manager. I'm also the resident tokusatsu fan, with a soft spot for Kamen Rider -- Kiva and OOO in particular. If you don't believe me, just check out my desk:

hyERG.jpg

I joined here for two reasons.

1. To get to know other tokusatsu fans, which I've never really done outside of Tumblr and circles of friends.
  2. To hopefully discuss our new toyline, Power Rangers Samurai.

I'll keep the corporate stuff to a minimum to avoid leaving a bad taste in anyone's mouth, so I'll just say that this stuff is pretty cool. The Lion, Ape and Dragon Folding Zords, along with the Samurai Megazord are all available in select Toys R Us in the USA right now, with a full North American launch coming in February and more countries thereafter.

thelegendreturns.jpg

This isn't the first time we've had a license like this, either; we did a few Power Rangers in the US before and also had the license to Kamen Rider in Japan, for which we made a handful of very cool sets featuring the original KR and Faiz.

tumblr_ld2oohnIkm1qbbj0lo1_500.jpg

One of our Halo figs on a bike from Faiz ...

6077625253_64a887c3c4.jpg

Some Ninja Storm figs.

Anyway, I think these toys are really cool and I hope you will check them out. We're releasing more and more weapons, accessories, equipment etc. with the hopes that you will all customize your Rangers and Zords and hopefully show them to us!

Thanks for checking this out.

Brad @ Mega
Also of note:

We're currently running a contest called Countdown to 2012 that gives you the chance to win our entire PR Samurai Spring 2012 line-up before it even hits store shelves! All you have to do is answer some quizzes/trivia about PR Samurai, which will no doubt be very easy for hardcore fans like you.

I hope you will all check it out. :)

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I remember kicking myself for no getting at least one SPD set when it was still in stores. I'll be looking out for the Samurai toys when they come out and get at least a set to support the line. I want one of those minifigures even if I'm not a fan of Samurai.

The Meteor has landed
I never win these kinds of contest but, I gave it shot.

Also, welcome to the HJU Family :thumbs::castlerock:

I am the law
I saw these in TRU today and while I'm a of the MegaBlox Halo sets, I just don't see myself pulling the trigger on the PR Samurai ones. I've been SUPER tempted to pick up the Japanese Faiz sets when I've seen them online though.

is The Underground Toy Reviewer
I just picked up the Lion, Ape, and Dragon Folding Zords the other day, but haven't had a chance to build them! Perhaps I will tonight...

Look forward to more releases. Just like the Kre-O Transformers, I love it when my favorite brands hope on the building block bandwagon. :D

I also have some of the Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, and SPD sets somewhere, some built, some not. Need to work on getting those all built and set up so I can display them.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Geez I forgot to welcome you to HJU! I feel bad about that.

WELCOME!

BTW you do know that Megazord's shield is oriented the wrong way right? :laugh: So what kind of articulations does that Megazord got? It looks pretty cool and I bet it's more agile than the DX Bandai version :p

I think I'd rather support Power Rangers with quality Mega Bloks product than the Bandai of America stuff. I hope that when Saban adapts Gokaiger you guys give us a Super Legends line featuring tons of older Rangers minifigs (random collectible perhaps?).

I saw the megazord the other day and was very tempted to pick it up as it looks quite nice.

Any chance you guys will release the rangers using the newer bodies like with the halo and marvel lines? I would pick up a ton of the sets if they had those kind of minifigures, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit turned off by the old style figures.

Also, I'd love to see you guys pick the kamen rider license back up in japan sometime.

Last edited:
Orange
I am excited to see what other figures are going to come out! kind of sad to see that the power rangers aren't as poseable as the HALO figures though. That would be an automatic run-to-Toys-R-Us-and-buy-right-now for me.

Space Ninja
Unlike most of these other guys, I have no aversion to the classic style of minifigure. I don't know myself if I'd pick up any of the Samurai stuff yet, but what I've seen thus far looks neat enough. Toss in a Deker and Xandred later in the line and we'll see!

Also of note, you guys did some Ultraman stuff in Japan years ago as well. Very rare and obscure as heck these days, sadly. I didn't jump on the tiny two-pack dioramas when they were dirt-cheap and now I'll never find them, haha.