"Maple leaves and Sakura pedals" Japan: Part II

I'm not really supposed to be posting from this account, but I would feel like a lesser man if I didn't take this time to say that even though I'm not related to or have even known you for very long Bueno, I'm proud of you and I'm moved by your perseverance and dedication. Amitabha!
 
I'm sorry if I caused any trouble; let's try to keep this thread about Bueno's journey.
 
BorgmanJayce said:
You definitely have my respect Bueno as I know where you're coming from...

And you have my respect for travelling such a path.

I'm not out to change anyone's life or anythin', but Jeff asked me personally if I wanted to share my experiences of Japan and the desire I had to get there. No bullshit. No fluff.

I'm just a below average-joe with a story to tell.
 
You're not a below-average joe... You're a guy who managed to fulfill his dream even if his own mother didn't have faith in him...
 
Nah, I just didn't make the right choices in life. And it was all because of my impatience. Prehaps if I waited a little longer, I would've had an education that would've made things easire for me. But I ain't got the smarts for that. That's a fact.

It's not like "Oh, feel sorry for Bueno" or anythin' like that, but there's just so much that's happened that I don't feel so good about. It's true that what doesn't kill you only makes ya stronger, but at times it just feels like I'm doing the stuff that I do because I'm so desperate...even to this very day in Japan.

It sucks so much to not know if the odds are against you or not cause you don't know what's in store for you. When I started out, I was a guy with no money, no education, and no particular idea of what to achieve. I have a little more direction now, but I just feel like anything can happen. No matter how good or bad things can be. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I've lost so much sleep just thinking about stuff like that...
 
You're still relatively young though, as you move on you'll have more direction in your life. Though at this point I can say you've been through a lot more than what most people have. And it's true that education is key to a lot of things, but as long as you have a good working spirit, you'll be able to get by. That worked out fine enough for me when I dropped out, though it's always best to actually get an education, it makes things a whole hell of a lot easier.

Some people like not knowing if the odds are against them or not. People like that feel that if they knew all odds were against them, that'd just kill their spirits and get them down. When you don't know what the odds are, you're at least more optimistic. That's not to say you should blindly run into things, just not care so much about the odds and about how people in the past have done things differently than you have.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top