Been feeling kind of nostalgic this week and I've been hunting around on Youtube. I came across this amazing find. It's Exosquad! Probably one of the more realistic war cartoons ever created (in terms of having mass fatalities) and political intrigue. When I watched it for the first time, I was shocked at what happend to the Resolute. I always liked the concept of this show and how the people you're watching as the protagonist heroes are actually...well...slave masters. The Neosapiens were created by humans as slaves and they turned on them. Watch this segment from the end of season 1 and listen to Marsala's speech. It's one of the best imho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0s-BHzjbY

Don't know if this series ever made it to dvd, but it needs to be.

Lurker
Every episode is on Rangerboard along with tons of others. You need to be registered on the Multimedia forums though, but god is it worth it.

Exo Squad was incredible. I didn't miss an episode and tried to get my friends to check it out.

That it hasn't been released on DVD is a crime and tragedy.

Lurker
I kind of liked how the entire first season consists of arcs, Droids did this also, but it was still very rare to see see this, way before "arc-driven" television was even defined by live-action shows.