Japanese Film MISSING Can Be Found In The US This November

Staff member
Dark Star Pictures is about to release the Japanese thriller MISSING in the States. It will receive a theatrical premiere in select cities, followed by VOD and Blu-Ray releases later in the month.
Santoshi has had a run of bad luck. First his wife dies, then he runs up a massive debt he can’t pay off. But he has the perfect solution, he tells his daughter: bounty hunting! He’ll track down and turn in the notorious serial killer known only as “NO NAME” and reap the cash reward. “Oh, the Ranger won’t like this, Yogi,” the girl starts to say, but her dad has already run off.
But then he doesn’t come back. Fearing the worst, she has to begin hunting the killer herself — her only hope in finding the whereabouts of her father.
MISSING stars Aoi Ito, Hiroya Shimizu, Misato Morita and Jirô Satô, and was directed by Shinzô Katayama. You’ll be able to find MISSING playing on the big screen in New York (Film Noir, Brooklyn), Los Angeles (Laemmle Glendale), Cleveland (Gateway) and other major...

Continue reading...

I hate you! shh
Is this a remake of the Korean movie of the same title? I swear a watched a Korean Movie before with the same plot?

Japan make great horrors and thrillers and it is sad that they got buried by Korea right now. South Korea is more effective when it comes to finding an international Market. Japan only got an international audience because of Anime.

exuberant
The film Missing has some excellent concepts, acting, and cinematography, but it never quite manages to hold these elements together for long enough to leave an enduring impact. It's a captivating movie debut from a director who is skilled at captivating audiences. I enjoyed seeing it even if it wasn't a particularly perfect movie.

It seems like a mind-blowingly genre-bending film that skillfully plays a prey and predator showdown with the audience, so I wish I knew which theaters are screening it.

I've seen Missing, and I can say that it's an engrossing and compelling chase for a spree murderer . The movie triumphs because of a spectacular performance from Itô and excellent pacing from the director Shinzô Katayama. I highly recommend it because its a masterclass on how to make a thriller movie.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
WHOA! This plot sounds intense! I thought it was Korean. But when I looked up information about it, it says that it is a Japanese and South Korean co-production. This one will no doubt keep me on the edge of my seat.

My style's all Brit and the Yanks can't nic,
I will just wait for it to be available in Netflix. The platform that have this is not available on my turf.