Kung Fu Movies: A Dead Art Form?

I second Ip Man. Awesome movie. :buttrock: I haven't seen Ip Man 2 yet, but it'll probably be as awesome. I have Little Big Soldier on my hd, so looking forward to watching that.

True Legend and Shaolin are also great movies. :)

Too many good martial arts movies out there....

Yeah, Donnie Yen's Ip Man 1 & 2 are awesome, and you should check out his other movies, like Iron Monkey. His talent was wasted in such Hollywood movies like Shanghai Knights 2, and he deserves to be the leading man. I'm just puzzled why Jet Li (who I also like) can get top billings in Hollywood with his broken English, but Donnie Yen (with his fluent English) cannot.
 
Yeah, Donnie Yen's Ip Man 1 & 2 are awesome, and you should check out his other movies, like Iron Monkey. His talent was wasted in such Hollywood movies like Shanghai Knights 2, and he deserves to be the leading man. I'm just puzzled why Jet Li (who I also like) can get top billings in Hollywood with his broken English, but Donnie Yen (with his fluent English) cannot.


I've seen Iron Monkey already, a long time ago. Great movie. I have a few of his movies on my HD, and I'm slowly watching them.

Have you seen Dragon Tiger Gate yet? It's on my hd, but it looks pretty good.

I agree. He should get more leading roles. He's going to be the Monkey King, coming out in 2012. I'm stoked, can't wait to see that.

Jet Li's one of my favorite as well. Especially his earlier movie. Like Fist of Legend. :buttrock: I never understood why he chose to the American movies like Cradle 2 The Grave or Romeo Must Die. Or even Unleashed. I watched them, but not one of my favorites of his movies...
 
I haven't read this thread yet, but.... I was thinking about this. I fired up Heroic Trio the other night to watch with my girlfriend aaaaannnnd was swiftly bored by it.

When I first watch it, it blew my fucking mind like I was watching God break dance! Now.... the action came off slow and floaty to me.

What happened? :sly:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top