Kung-Fu Hustle

Bolt

boogie woogie feng shui
Why are most Americans to lazy to watch films with subs anyway?

1. Because most Americans are uneducated or undereducated, so reading isn't part of their daily/weekly/annual routine.

And 2. Since foreign languages are different, they're intimidated or alienated by them and have to have everything in English.

Also, it can be attributed to just plain laziness. I worked in a video store for 4 years, and tried many times to get people to watch foreign films. 9 times out of ten, people just didnt want to have to read. They wanted films that were just plain fluff, and to them having to read was ALREADY too much work for them. Oh well, I tried my best.

I_Legend

somehow I don't really like the idea of someone becoming a hero from a zero ... *click*just like that .... still a nice movie tho :198:

Bolt

boogie woogie feng shui
Well, "moving up the ranks" is a stereotype in HK movies dealing with the 30's time period. It's just another in-joke, really.

Bolt

boogie woogie feng shui
Yeah, it's especially prevalent in movies like Chinatown Kid, Boxer From Shantung (even moreso in it's remake, Hero), and Miracles.

ForeverRed

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Just got home from the movie theater. That movie was excellent! :eek: Stephen Chow was awesome and he did was really good job for making the movie just like Shaolin Soccer. :D

And also, Sammo Hung was working there for Co-Cherography Action. Nice to see his name in the end credit again!

This is my second Stephen Chow's films.

First was Shaolin Soccer and then this. :D

Bolt

boogie woogie feng shui
Actually, Sammo didn't really do much on this film. He choreographed the first part of one scene, but Yuen Wo Ping did all the rest.

ForeverRed

Ahh yes. Sammo Hung had to resigned because he was concered his health so Wing Poo Ping took over.

And I didn't know that Wah Yuen was in the movie, too! He was pretty good as Landlord. He used to work with Jackie Chan in Police Story 3: Supercop. Right now, he is working on a new movie called "Dragon Squad" with Sammo Hung.

And also, there's a rumor that Stephen Chow might gonna make a sequel of Kung Fu Hustle. :D

KRBlack

yea, i think he's either making a sequel to Kung Fu Hustle or God of Cookery and i would rather see God of Cookery 2

Bolt

boogie woogie feng shui
Sammo Hung had to resigned because he was concered his health so Wing Poo Ping took over.

I'd never heard that. I just knew he and Chow had their differences in how they wanted the choreography to play out and Sammo left to start Sha Po Lang.

He used to work with Jackie Chan in Police Story 3: Supercop.

He's been in TONS of other stuff man! One of his best roles is in Eastern Condors because he gets his ass kicked and therefore finally shuts the hell up.

ForeverRed

DragonfighterX said:
He's been in TONS of other stuff man! One of his best roles is in Eastern Condors because he gets his ass kicked and therefore finally shuts the hell up.

LOL! I have that on DVD. Man, he was awesome in Eastern Condors. Sammo Hung OWNS.

Shanghai Shanghai was awesome. And have you seen "Where;s the Officer Tuba?" That was freakin' hiliarous!

Sammo Hung is one of my favorite character since Martial Law started. Gosh I want Martial Law to come back to television.

I became a fan of Jackie Chan in 1996. :D

Bolt

boogie woogie feng shui
And have you seen "Where;s the Officer Tuba?" That was freakin' hiliarous!

I actually didn't enjoy Where's Officer Tuba? at all. The humor was too stupid and relied on star power to get it's fame, like all of the equally stupid Lucky Stars films. It was less enjoyable than Pantyhose Hero, even.

Just saw Kung Fu Hustle last night. Ghat damn, that movie rocked! I was laughing and cheering for just about the whole film. The characters were surprising and didn't conform to the usual stereotypes that I have come to expect. And the fights! Oh my god, the fights!

The special effects were about 300,000 times better than I expect too. :thumbs: :thumbs:

B

Bouken Black

which is stephen hawk in shaolin soccer. the chinese dude with the high kick? he was fit for a chinese? anyways that movie was hella funny. imma see this one.