I am the law
I REALLY gotta blame advertising on the freakin move!
Cause EVERY FLIPPIN TIME I hear or see the name 'Kung Fu Hustle', the song Ballroom Blitz starts running in my head! :shakefist
And it's not even the whole song! It's just the chorus!!!

Good thing I happen to like this song, or it'd be killing me!

-RF

boogie woogie feng shui
I was wondering, does Chow know actual kung fu?

It's never been disclosed as to how much actual martial arts he knows, and it doesn't help that he's so modest about what he DOES know. He studied Wing Chun for 3 years before he couldnt afford the lessons anymore, and he's picked up the basics of Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai, Eastern-style Boxing and Aikido from his films Fist of Fury 1991 and Fight Back to School (which is one of my favorites). In interviews when asked about his martial arts experience, he usually replies with "Ah, I'm not that good; I don't know much." But it's obvious that he knows enough to help piece together a great fight; something that few others with limited experience can do. It'd be safe to say that he's been trained a great deal more in screenfighting than in actual martial arts.

boogie woogie feng shui
I REALLY gotta blame advertising on the freakin move! Cause EVERY FLIPPIN TIME I hear or see the name 'Kung Fu Hustle', the song Ballroom Blitz starts running in my head!

Yeah, you'd think that they would've used something a little more title-apparent, like Do the Hustle...

Eye See You
I read in the paper that is movie got some really good ratings and reviews. I may check it out.

DragonfighterX said:
Yeah, you'd think that they would've used something a little more title-apparent, like Do the Hustle...
Asian trailer featured Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting.:p

boogie woogie feng shui
That song is so overused though... I've lost my enjoyment of it just from hearing it in EVERYTHING.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
I am going to watch Kung Fu Hustle tonight. One question... does it have subtitles in it?

boogie woogie feng shui
Yeah. I hope you're not one of these people that prefers dubbed movies because they're too lazy to read a little...

has left HJU. Not coming back.
DragonfighterX said:
Yeah. I hope you're not one of these people that prefers dubbed movies because they're too lazy to read a little...

Good. I always prefer english subbed with original version better than crappy dubbed. Thanks for answer my question! :D

boogie woogie feng shui
I'm glad you're not a lazy dub-lover! :198: