Kamen Rider Wizard EP 37 "The Fugitive's Despair"

Wizard 37:

- I like the way Wajima dramatically turns to Nitou after his statement about "inconvenience".

- I wonder how much more creepy Kaga/Raum could have been were this a pre-Kabuto show.

- I still think this "steal a police car to save the Gate" wasn't necessary. Shunpei and Rinko could still question him at the police station, and he doesn't have to immediately become a Phantom upon being arrested. This is just more excuses for Shunpei and Rinko to act like unfunny idiots.

- Even Shunpei's police profile picture is dumb :redface2:

- Couldn't Wajima or someone use magic to fix that vase?

- Those two cops Rinko left behind are still hanging around there? And now they're chasing a bird? Did the Futo Police Dept send some transferees?

- ... What was with the comic book sequence? And what the heck happened? Regular mynas took Nitou's bait?

- You're toppling a car onto those cops?? What the hell is wrong with this woman?! :shakefist And escaping into the sewer... this is just getting ridiculous.

- Is there a point to having combining Plamonsters? It's not like they do much beyond surveillance and spying.

- The hill myna being a Phantom would have been more dramatic if we didn't already know it.

- So is Nemoto a Phantom now? He doesn't appear in the 38 preview. Or is this another stupid attempt at being funny, this time with something morbid?
 
@Black Fang

Wizard 37:

- I like the way Wajima dramatically turns to Nitou after his statement about "inconvenience".

- I wonder how much more creepy Kaga/Raum could have been were this a pre-Kabuto show.

- I still think this "steal a police car to save the Gate" wasn't necessary. Shunpei and Rinko could still question him at the police station, and he doesn't have to immediately become a Phantom upon being arrested. This is just more excuses for Shunpei and Rinko to act like unfunny idiots.

- Even Shunpei's police profile picture is dumb :redface2:

- Couldn't Wajima or someone use magic to fix that vase?

- Those two cops Rinko left behind are still hanging around there? And now they're chasing a bird? Did the Futo Police Dept send some transferees?

- ... What was with the comic book sequence? And what the heck happened? Regular mynas took Nitou's bait?

- You're toppling a car onto those cops?? What the hell is wrong with this woman?! :shakefist And escaping into the sewer... this is just getting ridiculous.

- Is there a point to having combining Plamonsters? It's not like they do much beyond surveillance and spying.

- The hill myna being a Phantom would have been more dramatic if we didn't already know it.

- So is Nemoto a Phantom now? He doesn't appear in the 38 preview. Or is this another stupid attempt at being funny, this time with something morbid?

1. I agree! I think he is also somewhat stunned that Kousuke would use such a big word!

2. I have no experience with pre-Fourze. But, from what I have read, it is a much darker tone. So, Maybe Raum could swear or try to tear of Beast's suit and peck his eyes or something akin to that.

3. Ah, but he does! Sora states that Nemoto is terrified of being arrested. So, if he did, I would give it five seconds, max. I agree with you about the police car.

4. I know! That mugshot made me laugh so hard! I had to pause the episode to regain my breath!

5. I would doubt it. Wajima only makes the Rings. I doubt the vase has anything to do with fighting Phantoms, so he does not make a Repair Ring.

6. I did not get it either WHY they just stood their either! (I know it is a plot device though...) I bet they just screamed at each other (or rather, the one to the left screamed at the one on the right to produce a reaction!)

7. It was another attempt at humor (that hit the mark!) that had Kousuke do a call-back to Toshie's arc!. Yep! The regular mill mynas get a fest out the hands of the out-of-costume Beast!

8. That is a very extreme way to handle that issue! She could have KILLED those cops! Also, the sewer, I though, worked well!

9. It is more of a gimmick then anything. But, this one is special: it shows Kousuke and Haurto's bond becoming stronger!

10. Well.. yea. Dramatic irony does sometimes kill the fun!

11. I think we are supposed to assume that Wizard or Beast went into his Underworld and saved him.
 
I havent hated a Rider series since Kiva. And while I know none of the other Rider shows were perfect, I still feel that the good outweighed the bad.

So saying this as a person who likes Wizard enough, I really didnt enjoy this episode.

Im indifferent with Shuunpei, Im sure he means well but I also think that sometimes they give him more screen time than he should get. I could care less if he wasnt in the show at all.

I have taken some time off Rider and Sentai this year, still needing to finish Gobusters from ep 37. My weekly dose of toku has been replaced currently by Akiba and Garo 3. Marathoning Wizard since the episode I stopped at (2nd half of Beast Hyper's debut) I remembered why I lost interest for a bit. I cant stand unlikeable people that are the focus of the arc.

Why are most Gates the most cringe-inducing, unlikeable, unsympathetic, boring people. And not just this time, previous seasons have had cases like this too and I think I just got tired of it for a while. But yea, that stupid housewife, that thieving archeologist, and now this ****-stain. Arent we supposed to, i dunno, NOT want them to die? Why do they give us characters we are supposed to worry about and them make them out as the most horrible bags of dirt alive? Episodes with gates like these just make me think, you're better off a phantom than you are now. That last scene was really poorly done too.

I still think Wizard is good, I just feel that episodes like these dont do the show favor. Especially coming from the rush of watchng Sora's reveal. I really we get better episodes as we arrive closer to the end.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top