Kamen Rider W (Double) - Talk Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing how that doesn't make him nerfed. Cause he totally was :laugh:

Well, I never said he wasn't nerfed. That's the fate of every returning monster in this franchise. Poor Archbishop Wing and Warthog Fangire started jobbing in their own series...

Although, for some odd reason, Decade went out of its way to include a comment about Orphenocs being weak in the script of the Faiz World of the Decade tv series... maybe it was a reference to Faiz's official stats, which are actually among the lowest of every Heisei Rider? Although Decade just ignored them usually...
 
Yeah, we'd have to get in a serious SRW debate for a real reaction.

I would probably stab a guy over SRW, yeah. There's a few non-SRW things that will legitimately get my dander up, but Faiz? Man, no reason to talk about that at all save to shoot the ****.
 
No, it was cheap. Really cheap. It did not sit well with me at all.

You don't like drama. Just say it. Damn.

You found it interesting. I found it bland and unremarkable. Here's how two intelligent people can come to these entirely opposing conclusions.

Stories are interesting when they are emotionally compelling, when they fulfill a psychological need of the viewer, or when they are well-crafted. Any combination of two of these factors is likely to create a hit.

(Combine three and you're Pixar or James Cameron; you have a license to print money.)

Some viewers may have a psychological need fulfilled when they see Faiz's ending and are pleased that it fits their view of day-to-day reality. I would guess this happened with you. For most viewers (me included), this level of engagement with the material is enough to be wholly satisfying.

Now, my psychological needs are probably very different from your psychological needs, since we are very different people. I found Faiz's depiction of reality exaggerated and unrealistic, so it didn't affirm my views. I was not pleased on that level.

Now, Faiz's ending could still in theory resonate with me if I found the basic narrative emotionally compelling or if I found the ending well-crafted. I could never invest emotionally in Faiz since I found its characters and world too exaggerated, so that level is right out.

That strips my reaction down to "Was it well-crafted?" because, as a viewer, that is what I happen to care about the most. (Other people will focus primarily on other levels; everyone's different.) As far as that goes, I feel Faiz's open ending was not well-written or implemented.

So, I dislike it. But you can disagree with me without either of us coming to fundamentally wrong or unsupported conclusions about the show. We just went to it with different priorities and different worldviews.

I thought the ending was great. Maybe I've lived in enough drama to settle into it. The characters were real. I've seen people like Kusaka all the time except they weren't enjoyable. There's weak people like those who switched around the Delta Gear and there are those reluctant to use power. I thought it was good that it doesn't just end with a fight against one enemy. More Orphenochs were going to appear and they were going to kill because it comes so natural to them or they were going to fight to protect others with their power. It's happened before and I find it interesting.

^^But...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

*tosses Lynx and Darkster swords and watches gleefully*

Thank you. You now have no weapon. Get over here.

Like I'm gonna waste a swordfight on a Faiz argument. Pfft.

After all that? :disappoin
 
I hate to break it to you, son............but Faiz's story was as interesting as a Filipino soap opera

Filipino soap opera/drama = Lots of tears, no rational thinking involved

And I'm telling you this as a man who is a Kamen Rider Faiz fan himself

Maybe this is why I automatically think of Inoue each freaking time I catch a local soap on TV.
 
Maybe I've lived in enough drama to settle into it.

I've also got to say, Faiz wasn't all that dramatic. Nothing all that terrible happened in it. If I was a jerk, I'd suggest that you needed to be very sheltered to find Faiz dramatic in a world where stuff like this and this and even this actually happen every day and basically no one gives a ****.

After all that? :disappoin

I have no interest in "winning" online arguments. I do have an interest in discussing things, but you're proving a severe disappointment on that level. I believe we are finished.
 
Did you watch the original or the director's cut? The original is bizarre and I'm told the director's cut watches a little better, since it moves the W stuff to the opening act. So you can basically skip the Decade stuff if you don't particularly care about it.
 
You found it interesting. I found it bland and unremarkable. Here's how two intelligent people can come to these entirely opposing conclusions.

Stories are interesting when they are emotionally compelling, when they fulfill a psychological need of the viewer, or when they are well-crafted. Any combination of two of these factors is likely to create a hit.

Like I'm gonna waste a swordfight on a Faiz argument. Pfft.

I love you, Lynx. :laugh:

If you're going to have a swordfight, it should at least be about Highlander or some such thing. :loltongue:

Did you watch the original or the director's cut? The original is bizarre and I'm told the director's cut watches a little better, since it moves the W stuff to the opening act. So you can basically skip the Decade stuff if you don't particularly care about it.

I should watch the director's cut... It's been long enough since I saw the original that I might enjoy it more. Did anything on the Double side change much?
 
I should watch the director's cut... It's been long enough since I saw the original that I might enjoy it more. Did anything on the Double side change much?

I hear there are some minor additions that flesh the plot out a little more without really changing anything. I haven't gotten around to watching the Director's Cut, either, mainly because there's so much else airing this season I want to keep up with. The winter anime season looks like balls, though, so I'll probably watch more toku early next year.
 
Did you watch the original or the director's cut? The original is bizarre and I'm told the director's cut watches a little better, since it moves the W stuff to the opening act. So you can basically skip the Decade stuff if you don't particularly care about it.

I think it was the director's cut.

It went Begins Night ----> Decade Conclusion -----> Great War
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top