Kamen Rider the Movie Blu-Ray Boxset

Shouldn't Godzilla count as the first HD OLD school toku? Definition (resolution) is independent of color. Ah yes I forgot about the Amazon movie really just being an episode. I am all over this, despite already owning most the R2s. (I can just re-sell them)

Yeah, I got the first Godzilla on Blu-ray. But I'm talkin' super hero toku!. This is super awesome news.
 
Woo hoo! Got an e-mail from CDJapan today. The Kamen Rider Movies are coming to Blu-Ray on 5/21. Yay! Here's the listing.

Looks like it's only the movies that were actually produced for theaters and not the episodes which were shown as movies in theaters. Which kinda sucks but is fine by me if it keeps the cost a little down. No clue if the bonus disc containing "Kamen Rider World" and "Stay in the World" is a Blu-Ray or DVD though. Knowing Toei it will be a DVD which I guess makes sense because I'm sure the 3D used on those movies were standard anaglyph. Granted they could have converted it to a newer type.

Here's hoping this also means we'll get a Super Sentai Movie Blu-Ray Boxset before the year's end. Signs are good.

Happy news on both sets. My only gripe is price and no bonus features. I can't wait to at least get the Sentai box. The movies look like they would be decent on Blu. Also excited about Kamen Rider. Didn't see much, but I like what I did see. I would pick Sentai if between the two, but I'm hoping to go for both.

Also, I like having the Kamen Rider shorts and Super Sentai shorts in 3D. Say what you want about 3D (I like it, but it's not that important), but this is the first I know of of older 3D films getting a 3d Blu-Ray release and that's pretty cool. I don't have 3D stuff (Maybe Best Buy would let me borrow their 3D TV display. :laugh:) so I'm grateful it'll play on a regular Blu player. These films, both Sentai and Rider, should look awesome. I got the technical specs from Amazon co.jp:

Rider:
Content Information
[Explanation]
40 year anniversary of the birth Rider, "Rider" to "Kamen Rider BLACK" until 1972 - the Blu-ray movie version was finally released in the year 1988 BOX! Was recorded eight quality work In addition to the Blu-ray Disc 2, as a bonus disc, 3D images were produced as a movie event, "World Rider," "Run Through World Rider," the two works, the long-awaited Blu-ray of 3D. Enjoy to your heart's case Syouwa World Rider movie!

<Collection work>
■ DISC1 (129 min.)
"Kamen Rider vs. Shocker" (published in March 1972 / 32 min.)
"Very 対Ji Ambassador Rider" (published July 1972 / 36 min.)
"Kamen Rider V3 vs. Destron Kaijin" (published July 1973 / 32 min.)
"Riders vs Kingudaku five" (published July 1974 / 29 min.)
■ DISC2 (141 min.)
"Masked Rider VS King Eight Galaxy" (published March 1980 / 44 min.)
"Masked Rider Super 1" (published in March 1981 / 47 min.)
"Masked Rider BLACK" (the March 1988 / 25 min.)
"Kamen Rider BLACK Fear! Monster House Pass the devil" (published July 1988 / 25 min.)

[Specs]
Bonus disc ● (Blu-ray3D)
◆ "World Rider" (9 minutes)
◆ "Run Through World Rider" (17 minutes)
Inclusion Award ●: Reference (8P)

BSTD03367/12, 000 yen (approx. 12,600 yen) / COLOR / 270 minutes this title (tentative) / this title (blu-ray: 2 layer) 2 + bonus disc (blu-ray3D: a single-layer) / Dolby TrueHD (mono) / 16: [9] 1080p Hi-Def

[The bonus disc on Blu-ray3D;
· 3D images in order to enjoy the support of 3D TV, 3D glasses, 3D compatible playback equipment is required. In addition, this product is also compatible with 2D we play.
- Watch your children about 5-6 years to guide the audience from, please watch over the presence of adults.
• If there is illness or physical disabilities may be unable to see 3D stereoscopic images.
· 3D look of the stereoscopic images are individual differences.

Limited per ※, it may be difficult to obtain and Itadakanai reservation, we recommend booking early.
Publisher - Publisher - - - Touei Ltd. Toei Video Co., Ltd.
The contents ("Kinema旬報社" from the database)
"Rider" movie version containing a series of Blu-ray BOX. Kamen Rider vs. Shocker [] [] [Kamen Rider V3 ambassador very 対Ji vs. Destron Kaijin 72] In addition to his other eight - all published in 1988, recorded 3D video awards event.

Sentai:
Content Information
[Explanation]
In his 35 year anniversary of Super Sentai "squadron FiveRangers secret" from the "war party Orenja" super until the Blu-ray movie version from 1976 was finally released in the year 1995 BOX! 15 were high-quality work 3 were recorded in addition to Blu-ray Disc, as a bonus disc, 3D images were produced as a movie event, "Super Sentai World," "Hero of the set Touei" recorded two works, the long-awaited Blu-ray of 3D. Enjoy your case to your heart's Super Sentai Movie World!

<Collection work>
disc1
"Hurricane Bomb Squadron FiveRangers secret!" (Published July 1976 / 20 min)
"Blitzkrieg Squad VS FiveRangers Jacker" (published 1978 / 24 min.)
"E-Denjiman Squadron" (published July 1980 / 46 min.)
"Sanbarukan Sentai Sun" (published July 1981 / 28 min.)
"Great Squadron Goggle" (published in March 1982 / 28 min.)
disc2
"Kagaku Sentai Dynaman" (published in March 1983 / 26 min.)
"Bio-E-Mann super" (published July 1984 / 45 min.)
"Dengeki Sentai Chenjiman" (published in March 1985 / 24 min.)
"Dengeki Sentai Chenjimanshatorubesu! Close call!" (Published July 1985 / 20 min)
"Supernova Flashman" (published in March 1986 / 20 min)
disc3
"Squadron Light Mask Man" (published July 1987 / 21 min.)
"Squadron Taborenja fast" (published in March 1989 / 25 min.)
"Jar five stars Dairen Squadron" (published April 1993 / 24 min.)
"忍者戦隊Kakurenja" (published April 1994 / 30 min.)
"Ultra-war team Orenja" (published April 1995 / 40 min.)

Specifications [bonus disc] ● (Blu-ray3D) [] expected
Super Sentai World ◆ (3D / 9 min) and a set of Touei Hero ◆ (3D / 5 minutes) collection notice ◆ (theatrical Squadron recorded)
Inclusion Award ●: Reference (8P)

BSTD03368/17, 000 yen (17,850 yen including tax) / COLOR / 423 minutes this title (tentative) / this title (blu-ray: Double Layer) Disc 3 + bonus disc (blu-ray: a single-layer) / Dolby TrueHD (mono (some Stereo)) / 16:9 (Shinesuko part) [1080p Hi-Def;

[The bonus disc on Blu-ray3D;
· 3D images in order to enjoy the support of 3D TV, 3D glasses, 3D compatible playback equipment is required. In addition, this product is also compatible with 2D we play.
- Watch your children about 5-6 years to guide the audience from, please watch over the presence of adults.
• If there is illness or physical disabilities may be unable to see 3D stereoscopic images.
· 3D look of the stereoscopic images are individual differences.

Limited per ※, it may be difficult to obtain and Itadakanai reservation, we recommend booking early.
Publisher - Publisher - - - Touei Ltd. Toei Video Co., Ltd.
The contents ("Kinema旬報社" from the database)
"Super Sentai" series Blu-ray movie version containing the BOX. Hurricane Bomb Squadron FiveRangers [Secrets!] From [76] leading to very Orenja war party - all in addition to 15 public works in 1995, the event benefits the 3D image was produced as two works included in the 3D movie.

Can't wait for these sets especially the Sentai one.
 
Well I just sent in my pre-order. I'm so impatient for this...... Why can't be it May 21st already dammit.
 
Don't know if anyone saw this already, but...

KamenRidertheMovieBluRaybox.avif

Pretty cool looking. Also...

SuperSentaitheMovieBluRaybox.avif

Not as cool as Kamen Rider, but also very cool (and the one I would buy if I had to choose).
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top