That would have been neat.......but I think "vexed" has a uniqueness to it, even if it is used inappropriately. If anything, it just adds more identity to Ouja/Asakura by him saying that "he is vexed" instead of just saying "I'm annoyed or pissed" like any normal person.
About that, watching the series dubbed here in the Philippines, Asakura's voice was extremely raspy and snake-like that caused me to support him instead of the good guys. Based on what I vaguely remembered, he never had a "I am vexed/pissed" phrase, but his raspy voice is enough for us to know that he is vexed.
That wouldn't be too bad. "I'm getting pissed off" "They piss me off" "It pisses me off"...
"Vexed" is a two-dollar word. It's a Frasier Crane word. It's a Magneto word. I can see maybe Zolda saying "vexed", but not Kamen Rider "I'll smash it good" Ouja.
It's fine for a character to have identity, but you need to make sure it's the right identity, not one you just made up because it sounds cool.
That wouldn't be too bad. "I'm getting pissed off" "They piss me off" "It pisses me off"...
"Vexed" is a two-dollar word. It's a Frasier Crane word. It's a Magneto word. I can see maybe Zolda saying "vexed", but not Kamen Rider "I'll smash it good" Ouja.
It's fine for a character to have identity, but you need to make sure it's the right identity, not one you just made up because it sounds cool.
I think the only reason it sounds cool is because of the way Asakura says it. If it was said by anybody else, people wouldn't really care. But Asakura's actor had a way of saying the japanese term for "vexed/vexing" in a way that made people like say "Wow......amazing @ how he can make that his reason for everything."