Kamen Rider OOO - Talk Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched ep1 my initial thoughts...

More like Den-OOO amirite? :loltongue:

Def liked it though. Saying "It's different" every year is getting old, but those Toei execs sure are smoking the good stuff the last few.

Absolutely love Ankh's arm. It's such a simple thing to be enamored with but I really hope Bandai-Fashion releases a version of it... or some good cosplayer makes one. Not even for cosplay, I just wanna wear one around and look at people intimidatingly.
 
You clearly missed the Greeed talking in the underground tunnel. Did you see how they took turns talking? It doesn't at all remind you of the Imagins talking during Liner Form?

Actually, there was no Den-O vibe from that either. If anything, it reminded me of the Grongi from Kuuga whenever the Grongi would hold their "little meetings" with one another in their human forms at some undisclosed location.

Are you clearly picking straws just to satisfy your inner Den-O fanboy?
...........LOL, just messin wit ya :loltongue:

But seriously, my first paragraph in this post is really how I felt about that scene

More like Den-OOO amirite? :loltongue:

Now you've got me vexed
KamenRiderOuja.jpg
 
I think I meant "corrected" since my reply was actually agreeing with your point and making myself wrong in terms of my description of Chicago. Honest typo on my part........but I get what you're saying. *goes and edit his previous post to prevent confusion*

Ah, yeah I see the confusion there. No problem.
 
You clearly missed the Greeed talking in the underground tunnel. Did you see how they took turns talking? It doesn't at all remind you of the Imagins talking during Liner Form?
How'd you get that?


Ankh and one of the other Greeds sounded like Urataros to me though.
 
Watched the first ep last night.

Liked it.

I don't think they'd name the city in this one since this isn't a Rider series where a certain location is crucial to the plot (like "where would an Unindentified Lifeform attack next", or Nagano in Kuuga; or Ground Zero at Shibuya in Kabuto; or the fact that Double relies on Futo itself to provide a cause for our heroes, not to mention it being reminiscent of superhero cities).
 
Now that I've had some time to mull over my thoughts, here they are. It was a fun episode and I can't wait to see more. The first scene was alot better than I thought it was going to be and it got even better when Kosei started creepily singing Happy Birthday. I did find it amusing that the alarm in the Kougami Foundation base was just a sped up version of the alarm from the first scene of Double. Maybe they'll make it a tradition to use that sound effect for the first scene every year. The OP was pretty cool and up-beat and I liked it.

Eiji seems like he'll be a fun Rider, he actually kinda reminds me of Takumi but less douchey, which is a good thing. His readiness to save Ankh even though he's a monster arm and to protect people is certainly a good sign, hope he gains his title as a Kamen Rider soon and that it means something. Didn't get too much out of the other characters from this episode, but I do hope they explain the police officer's sister's strength.

The Greeeds have some cool designs, the cat one's and Uva's are my favorites right now, can't wait to see what Ankh would look like. They're quite mysterious and I can't wait to find out what their plans are, and why they were sealed. I wonder why Ankh was outside of the box though. I'm not getting a good vibe from Ankh, but I'm sure some time spent with Eiji and the sister will make him not want to do whatever the other Greeeds are planning.
I don't have much to say about the Yummies, but I liked the slot appearing in the back of the human's head.

OOO's design is pretty good, and his fighting style was pretty awesome. I loved that little side kick he did before slotting in the mantis medal. I get a Kuuga like feeling from him, he seems to be an ancient warrior since Kosei is aware of his existance and had a cake in the making for him. From the talk between the Mantis Yummy and Ankh, I got the feeling that Eiji might start becoming a Greeed or something. Though, thinking about that I get a Blade-esque scene in my head where Eiji gets cut and starts bleeding medals :P

So, I'm looking forward to the next episode and the rest of the series, and I'm hoping for a few more links to Double than Agito would give to Kuuga :shakefist
 
Well, not like that. OOO has me wanting to watch episode 2 but not drawing me in like Kuuga, W and Blade did. I mean more like Kuuga with the Rider and Kaijin mythology coming together and presenting itself
 
I know, the Sealed Evil in a Can bit, the whole "belt becomes new again" thing...

Still, the Greeeds strike me as strong, yes. Evil? Probably.

Also, it looks like we're back to completely nonhuman kaijin.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top