Kamen Rider Kabuto - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

Oh - okay.

Damn...

So, uh - Tendou goes into...the future...past...fights...uh...eh...

Maybe GSL was just the damn end of Kabuto and the Kabuto in there was actually our Tendou and the belt he gives is just the C-Realm Tendou...

Yeah.

Go with that.

GSL is the epilouge of Kabuto rather than the prolouge.
 
I have only one thing to say... ep 48 was fucking beutifull.

Now I'm going to leave this thread and not come back until after the finale has aired. Can't have anything spoiled now can we?
 
Well now, I'd have to say that Mishima delivered the biggest surprise in this episode. And Gatack's victory over Kabuto was rather cheap.
 
It seemed kinda stupid that Tendou would forego using the Hyper Zecter since him vs Gattack w/Zect Trooper assist was hardly a fair fight. If nothing else, he should've hypered the troopers out of the battle and then powered back down to fight rider form to rider form with Kagami.

Tendou lost because he was fighting with a huge handicap, Kagami has yet to 'surpass' him.

Kageyama's end felt tacked on (much like the Hoppers themselves really) and it was a really bad way to execute the death of a character who's been around since near the beginning. Ucaworm getting a better send off is quite shocking really.

Apart from those two complaints the episode was pretty good.

Mishima's revelation is pretty much the first 'OMG [recurring character] is a worm!' reveal that I've liked in the series.
 
eh...

Mishima's 'reveal' like most of the plot developments came about 2-3 episodes too late. They've been hinting at it for so long, they should have done it right when the Nogis showed up.

Kagami's "win" over Tendou was as predicted, anti-climatic and didn't do anything for his character. They missed the best opportunity for him to beat Tendou cleanly way back when the latter was trying to collect all the zectors. Had Kagami beaten him then (to retain Gattack) this fight might have had a bit more interest in it.

In the absence of any kind of translation for the conversations between father and son, I have to say the Hoppers probably had the best moment of the show even though you could remove it and it wouldn't affect the plot one iota.
 
Oh, please, please, please let the finale be half as amazing as this episode and I'll be satisfied. All complaints about things happening too late aside, the way they were pulled off here was just amazing.

I think Kagami knows that he has yet to surpass Tendou, he seemed extremely surprised when he saw him get hit by the bullets during the kick. My guess is that he was expecting a fair fight.

Though it seemed pretty obvious, I like that Mishima became a Native. I think this was more or less the right area to place it, maybe towards the end of the previous episode, but here was pretty good as well. I love the way his form looks and that he's more or less calling himself the strongest Worm. This was honestly the first time I've had a big "WTF?!" reaction in a good way from a toku in a while. I was expecting Mishima to die at the hands of Negishi, so I'm very please with how they're handling this character.

While the Hopper stuff did seem tacked on and I wish they could have had an entire episode devoted to themselves, it was a nice send off. Again, like what happened with Tsurugi's death, I actually got a little misty eyed watching that scene. I think it's pretty obvious that Kageyama attacked Yaguruma as well and they both killed each other. Yaguruma mentioned they still have to go after something and that they'll be partners forever, so that makes me think that Yaguruma was expecting to die as well and didn't want to put up a fight against his partner.

These two characters could have both been handled a lot better than they were(who couldn't?), but with everything we've seen, this was a far better ending than I was expecting for them. It makes me glad that Yaguruma forgave Kageyama for everything he did to him and didn't seem to treat him like a pawn anymore. Again, another good surprise from the writers, ever since Kageyama became Punch Hopper, I was expecting Yaguruma to just end up killing him out of revenge, not pity. It's a real shame that they didn't live up to be the villains they were originally foreshadowed as, but all things considered, they got a pretty decent ending. I'm glad that they both "stepped back into the light" before their deaths, that's something I would have wanted for them regardless of how their entire arc was handled.

I think it's pretty obvious that Kabuto was saved by Dark Kabuto. The two and maybe Gatack are going to team up to try and defeat Negishi and Mishima in the finale. We're also going to see a third Tendou appear, so it'll be interesting to find out what time line he's from.

I've been greatly enjoying these past few episodes, 48 was definitely my favorite episode and while I wish the entire series was as good as these last ten or so episodes, I'm glad the series is at least going to go out with, not a great bang, but better than I expected considering how rocky a series it's been.
 
Damn Kagami for not believing Tendou. Damn Tendou for not telling Kagami about the necklaces sooner. Damn Zectroopers for standing there like bigshots, when Kabuto could have whooped their asses faster than they could blink. Literally.

Wow. Riku acted really nicely this time. Why did Negishi and Mishima go savage on him all of a sudden? Did they find out about the Red Shoes? Now I get why the Natives went after Tendou's dad. They probably knew he was creating something to fight them. Darn. We really need translations for the conversation between Riku and Arata. It sounded like he was asking for Kabuto to fight together with Gatack, but when he found out that Kabuto was gone, he told Arata to fight on.

Tadokoro fighting Natives? At least we know he's good.

So Kusakabe Souji was another human turned into a Native and then made to mimic Tendou? Horrible. Especially since Dark Kabuto was only a kid when they experimented on him. Yay. At least Dark Kabuto's on the good side now, or so I hope. It's disappointing though that the promo for the Statue of Liberty, Space, and Magma 3-round battle was fake.

Mishima and Negishi are our final bosses. It looks like Kagami will die from the preview, seeing that he took a tachyon-charged blow from Mishima (like the one that killed him in 34). It's strange though that Kabuto stopped Gatack from attacking Mishima and went on to have a one on one. Maybe Tendou wants revenge or something against the boss of the Natives.

Edit: Mishima announcing that he was now leader of Zect made me think of Astronema announcing that she was queen of the universe. :P
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top