Kamen Rider Kabuto - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

Wow! I now see why the Hyper Battle vids are noted for their comedy. Tendou and Kagami were quite funny, especially when Tendou broke out some disco moves :laugh:

Now I can forgive how lacking Hyper Gatack is in the looks department after his one minute existence. And you never can go wrong with talking Zecters. That was very cool in my opinion. Would've been great for revealing secrets about how the Zecters were created though.
 
I think this was explained as just a really bad throw back to the fact Kamen Rider started 35 years ago. I doubt we're going to see any plot points explained if they don't involve Tendou. I'd love to find out how Daisuke and Yaguruma got their Zecters, but who honestly believes we're going to find any of that out? All that's really for Tsurugi's story is for him to become human...or for the Worm side to stay asleep. Wasn't there a really good theory that explain that the real Tsurugi is dead and that current one is just a Worm with Tsurugi's mind? At least that's what they're hinting at in the show, but who knows with these writers? They can't keep their own stories straight. I still think the Hyper Zecter is a really bad plot device, even though time travel has no real set rules, most sci fi shows make up their own rules. The Kabuto writers really haven't even done that much. I think the Hyper Zecter would have served its purpose much better if it was introduced differently, heck, make it one of Hiyori's drawings coming back to the past or something.

Anyway, saw the HB, it was pretty funny. Finally we got to see some talking Zecters, just wish the others would have talked as well. Kagami trying to mimic Kabuto's rider kick and missing was my favorite part of the thing next to his phrase at the end.

Sigh... many months back when I first visited this board, I think you guys were commenting that Kabuto had very little character development while it had one large connecting plot while Boukenger was all about character development and didn't have a main plot. I wish Kabuto could balance both, but as you said, with 10 eps left they probably will only focus on Tendou and ignore the other characters. I feel like checking out Hibiki, since I heard the character development was good and it also has a good main plot.

Still, the HB video was the best I've seen so far. Faiz and Agito were... creative. Hibiki and Ryuki were good, and Blade was funny. But Kabuto's HB video really parodies the show.

Kagami: Grandfather once said... :laugh:

(Misses Rider Kick) (TWICE) :laugh:

The man who stands in front of the mirror and washes his face every day, Kagami Arata. :laugh:

Kagami catching the cockroach was priceless. A possible hint of a Cockroach Zecter? :P

The final message of the HB video was good. Kagami remembered that it was best to just be himself and not try to imitate others. That was one of the main themes of the Gatack debut episode and also the main character development that Kagami got, so it's a nice touch for them to repeat it in the HB video.
 
Sigh... many months back when I first visited this board, I think you guys were commenting that Kabuto had very little character development while it had one large connecting plot while Boukenger was all about character development and didn't have a main plot. I wish Kabuto could balance both, but as you said, with 10 eps left they probably will only focus on Tendou and ignore the other characters. I feel like checking out Hibiki, since I heard the character development was good and it also has a good main plot.
I think that it's because sentai doesn't need to be as deep in character development as Kamen Rider does that it works. When you look at it, a lot of the character development that the Boukenger get is actually pretty thin, but it works for the show. Kamen Rider on the other hand, it's a beast of its own. They're trying to balance J-Drama, Tokusatsu and sell toys at the same time, with things like character development usually getting caught in the crossfire. That's why I liked Hibiki so much, it didn't have huge toy sales, but that's because the series writer/director made a series that focused on character development above all else. The plot's actually pretty good, and a lot of the things that people complain about usually have to do with the fact that it's a music themed season and that it was "slow". I never saw it as slow, we got to see the characters(mainly Asumu) all change, on a level that no other series has done really. So if you'd ask me if you should see Hibiki, I'd give you one big "Hell freaking yes"...mainly because it's my favorite series I'm one of its biggest fans.



The final message of the HB video was good. Kagami remembered that it was best to just be himself and not try to imitate others. That was one of the main themes of the Gatack debut episode and also the main character development that Kagami got, so it's a nice touch for them to repeat it in the HB video.
If only the series could work like that, we'd probably have one big Hyper Rider orgy battle going on right now. I loved this HB, a lot more than the Hibiki one, but not as much as Blade's. I'd rank them....

Blade vs Blade
Kabuto
Ryuki vs Agito
Three Rider TV-Kun Special
Hibiki
Faiz the Musical

Still have to get my hands on the Kuuga one though.
 
Oh god! I forgot about the Faiz musical! Although, it'd be funny to have a Tendou vs Takumi dance competition.

I have to agree, Blade vs. Blade was quite awesome.
 
Hyper Gattack was freakin hillarious! The best part was the costume scenes and trying to say Rider Kick like Tendou.

You know, this is also pretty funny watching this right after watching 21, Where you see Gattack Zecter being a wild animal killing people and then you see him as a nice guy:laugh:

Ranking:
-Hyper Gattack
-Faiz the musical
-TV Kun spechal
-Blade Vs. Blade
-Asamu becomes a Rider
-Ryuki vs. Agito
 
Episodes 33 and 34 were fantastic. Man, this is such a great Rider series.

The Hyper Zecter is awesome.

Kick Hopper is pretty good too I loved his fight scenes. Who does the suit acting?.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top