Kamen Rider Kabuto - "Points of Authority"

REALLY good video!!!
Not too big of a fan of Linkin Park anymore, but the song fit really well w/ the characters of Kabuto.

-RF
 
Not a particularly big fan of Linkin Park, but I have to say that this video is edited better than a good portion of the anime music videos I see, and I've been making them since 1989.

Particularly nice job avoiding subtitles with the exception of the henshin/fight move ones but that didn't particularly bother me. Also a nice job mixing in the show's original sound effects.
 
Thanks Everyone

RichLather said:
Not a particularly big fan of Linkin Park, but I have to say that this video is edited better than a good portion of the anime music videos I see, and I've been making them since 1989.

Particularly nice job avoiding subtitles with the exception of the henshin/fight move ones but that didn't particularly bother me. Also a nice job mixing in the show's original sound effects.

Thanks all for the compliments. Its really cool to know that people actually watch the videos with a critical eye. I was also wondering if anyone actually cared about avoiding the subtitles. I didn't know if what I thought was important would be important to others. I just kinda set up some rules for myself that I try my best not to break. Sucks when I can't clean it up though. Anyways, thanks again. I'll probably be doing another one this week sometime.

- Neekox
 
Personally, the way you use the subtitles fits with the timing of the song perfectly and better brings across moments and oveall theme of your videos.

If it serves for the overall, definately keep them. Loved the quote from Tendou of "Only those who have known weakness can truley become strong."

Our at the end of this video, "Kageyama.... You..." it just worked well.

So long as subtitles don't sneak in by accident and carry no meaning to the theme, I'm all for them.

Welcome to HJU, Neekox. :thumbs:
 
Neekox said:
Thanks all for the compliments. Its really cool to know that people actually watch the videos with a critical eye. I was also wondering if anyone actually cared about avoiding the subtitles. I didn't know if what I thought was important would be important to others. I just kinda set up some rules for myself that I try my best not to break. Sucks when I can't clean it up though. Anyways, thanks again. I'll probably be doing another one this week sometime.

- Neekox
Most people tend to avoid using subtitles if they're trying to make a quality video. You did a pretty good job of avoiding them in your video. I feel that they make video seem tacky and take away from the main visuals(the video itself). I also noticed a few awkward cuts, but aside from that, the video was pretty good.

When I first started making them I would use subs a lot and looking back at them, they looked kind of cheap. Usually when I work on a video now, I'll try to find a raw source, all of my public videos, aside from one random Kabuto video where I was testing out some effects, are sub free. Raws are a great source for action based music video, but they can also give a lot of great stuff to work with for a slow, drama based music video.
 
Subtitles

Blue said:
Most people tend to avoid using subtitles if they're trying to make a quality video. You did a pretty good job of avoiding them in your video. I feel that they make video seem tacky and take away from the main visuals(the video itself). I also noticed a few awkward cuts, but aside from that, the video was pretty good.

When I first started making them I would use subs a lot and looking back at them, they looked kind of cheap. Usually when I work on a video now, I'll try to find a raw source, all of my public videos, aside from one random Kabuto video where I was testing out some effects, are sub free. Raws are a great source for action based music video, but they can also give a lot of great stuff to work with for a slow, drama based music video.

I considered getting the raws, but aside from the fact that I'm kinda lazy, I did want things to be translated for people who don't understand Japanese. Uhg, its almost like I want both, because as you know, its a pain to work around the subtitles when the guys are fighting and talking at the same time... (like they often do). Where are your videos? I'd love to see them.

- Neekox
 
Neekox said:
I considered getting the raws, but aside from the fact that I'm kinda lazy, I did want things to be translated for people who don't understand Japanese. Uhg, its almost like I want both, because as you know, its a pain to work around the subtitles when the guys are fighting and talking at the same time... (like they often do). Where are your videos? I'd love to see them.

- Neekox
Yeah, it takes a little more effort to get raws. Though JapanHero usually posts clips of battles from that week's episode, they're subless so that's a fast way to get to the "meat" of the episodes. My videos are here.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top