Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors Thread 2: Suffering Incoming

Well, to explain why he would use anything, lemme share something I've noticed with toku. There's a game theory called dominant strategy, which suggests that if you're given an ultimately superior form of attack, you'll default to using it over everything else.

And from what I can tell... this logic largely does not exist in toku, because the writers need to focus on certain things at certain times for toy promotion. You get occasional things like having a character decide to use something for a specific situation, but I can't recall ever having a Rider specifically stating that they should always use the strongest form at all times. Within Gaim, even, he would use Orange Arms for a while then go to Kiwami as a last resort.

So the reason Gaim uses Orange Arms in this movie is just because it's his original form and it's what represents the character - it's what all the merchandise depicts him in after all. At best you might get a line like "Feels like old times!" to explain it, if at all.
 
So the reason Gaim uses Orange Arms in this movie is just because it's his original form and it's what represents the character - it's what all the merchandise depicts him in after all. At best you might get a line like "Feels like old times!" to explain it, if at all.

But God Kouta is not interesting enough to make jokes or funny comments.
 
Well, I think that while Kouta as the Man of the Beginning became a lot more serious, and I guess "other-worldly" compared to before he ate the Fruit of Knowledge, he's still kept his best traits such as his idealism and belief in his friends and in redemption even when no one else would. I also think that his use of "This is Our stage now" during the fight against Jam with Micchy shows that the fun and heroic aspect of Kouta is still somewhere in there :).

Not to mention that scan of him giving Drive a thumbs up in Orange Arms :thumbs:.

But yeah, I could definitely see Kouta using Orange Arms for nostalgia purposes rather than for practicality, though considering he can instantly henshin into Kiwami I wonder how the transformation would work? Can he do the same for any of his other forms?
 
Actually, Gaim was probably the only Rider I've ever seen appearing to choose his battle form entirely on what it seemed to him would be enough to handle the threat.

It's beginning to fade a little now & I might have to rewatch it, but I think after he got Kiwami there was a little bit of a learning curve over a few episodes where he didn't really seem to know what it was capable of & wasn't comfortable using it, but after he got the hang of it, he began only using it when he felt it was needed.

I could see him starting in Orange Arms if faced with a new threat that he didn't understand (which tends to happen in team up movies, so makes sense) just to test it out & see how strong it was.
 
Actually, Gaim was probably the only Rider I've ever seen appearing to choose his battle form entirely on what it seemed to him would be enough to handle the threat.

It's beginning to fade a little now & I might have to rewatch it, but I think after he got Kiwami there was a little bit of a learning curve over a few episodes where he didn't really seem to know what it was capable of & wasn't comfortable using it, but after he got the hang of it, he began only using it when he felt it was needed.

I could see him starting in Orange Arms if faced with a new threat that he didn't understand (which tends to happen in team up movies, so makes sense) just to test it out & see how strong it was.

Nah, the recent ones all do that, IIRC. Fourze used Cosmic States at first, but after a few uses he started using Magnet, Electric and Fire before Cosmic, too. The Kyoto arc right after the Cosmic States arc had Fourze using Pen on Base States to do the Daimonji sign.
 
I don't suppose anyone has found the raw for the Golden Fruit Cup movie yet? Didn't the DVD/Blu-ray come out today? Does Japan still do rental DVDs like 1 week before?
 
I don't suppose anyone has found the raw for the Golden Fruit Cup movie yet? Didn't the DVD/Blu-ray come out today? Does Japan still do rental DVDs like 1 week before?

Toei movies has it up on their channel, but it's blocked for me because I'm in a different country.
 
Nah, the recent ones all do that, IIRC. Fourze used Cosmic States at first, but after a few uses he started using Magnet, Electric and Fire before Cosmic, too. The Kyoto arc right after the Cosmic States arc had Fourze using Pen on Base States to do the Daimonji sign.
I'm also pretty sure most of the fight with Taurus started with him in Base States before he switched into Cosmic to finish it but I might be wrong.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top