Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors Thread 2: Suffering Incoming

I believe Bravo's actor is making a huge mistake revealing so far in advance the episodes he appears in, mainly due to the suspense that have been build up about Bravo's fate after jumping into that rift/gate/zipper.

Heck, on Toeis homepage there's an image of Bravo (unhenshined) holding a fruit.
 
I have to see it in better quality to be sure, but in the preview for ep 27, it looks like Kouta is stopping Oren for doing something, and Oren is holdning something white in his hand. So I think he IS gonna pick a fruit, but Kouta stops him before he can take a bite.

On his twitter, Oren's actor seemed to hint that he is going to be in the summer movie too.

I am not sure if I like the recent trend of keeping characters just because they happen to be popular.
From a marketing standpoint, I can see why they are doing it, but it can cause some trouble for the show if its not handled right.
Considering that they keep promoting the story as "the warring states with Riders", they sure are holding back on killing off the Riders.

Characters like Bravo, Gridon and even Sigurd should have been killed off long ago if they really wanted to follow the warring states theme.
In Ryuki, they had no problem killing off Riders left and right, and it helped making the viewer see how serious the Rider War was.
 
I am not sure if I like the recent trend of keeping characters just because they happen to be popular.
From a marketing standpoint, I can see why they are doing it, but it can cause some trouble for the show if its not handled right.
Considering that they keep promoting the story as "the warring states with Riders", they sure are holding back on killing off the Riders.

Characters like Bravo, Gridon and even Sigurd should have been killed off long ago if they really wanted to follow the warring states theme.
In Ryuki, they had no problem killing off Riders left and right, and it helped making the viewer see how serious the Rider War was.

It's not just that, but because of all the team-ups and crossovers every year, any major characters that die are brought back or at least have the door left open for their return: Ankh, Nadeshiko, Beet Buster, et al. With Gaim stressing the idea that only one person can win the conflict and take the fruit, I'm wondering if there'll be a Ryuki-esque reset at the end so that major characters can be killed off and still come back for their contractual obligation to Movie Wars.

In the case of Gridon at least, I think the show's creative team have always had plans for him to stick around - remember that interview where Urobuchi said he was "lovely" to write for and expected to be popular with older viewers. The only other recent examples I can think of where Toei has actively admitted that a character was kept on longer than expected are Hayami in Fourze (which IMO worked out pretty well) and Date in OOO (not so well, it led him to be almost completely sidelined in favour of Gotou, but he was so likeable that most people were probably glad to have him stay)
 
Oh right, forgot the differently colored Inves. That makes more sense then, but even then I wonder if that much thought was put into the regular Inves... The color variations struck me as an afterthought, like "Eh we won't show enough Inves Games to require more than three color types"

But this IS a show that foreshadows way the hell in advance, so maybe.

You just wait until the real head of Yggdrasil is revealed... Red & Green Overlords for the red & green Inves, Overlord for Blue Inves is M.I.A. at the moment, Sagara (def. not a human) helps Gaim, White Overlord appears... Can you see the foreshadow here?

:169:
 
Last edited:
In Ryuki, they had no problem killing off Riders left and right, and it helped making the viewer see how serious the Rider War was.

The problem with Ryuki's way is that they established an "elite 4" group fairly early on, as soon as Ouja appeared, that was pretty much untouchable, with every other Rider only appearing for one arc and then dying afterwards. It doesn't really give weight because all Riders in that system either seemed basically immortal or completely disposable. There was also a long period of the show where the main four were the only Riders around, and, obviously, during those episodes, no battles could have any consequences.
 
Since we are closer to May, do you think Toei will find in the next trademark for the 2014/2015 Kamen Rider show?
 
As much as I like Ryuki, Gaim is definitely tackling the problems I had with it and fixing them. Like, having the monsters actually exist for more than just "Look, something we can blow up!" (Some of the monsters did things, but it was largely focused on Rider VS Rider, understandably)

I also realized, considering the episode count for the Helheim Saga so far... what do you think the chances are next week's ep is the end of the saga? When a title like "Finally Knowing the Truth" comes up, that's gotta be a heavy episode.
 
Since we are closer to May, do you think Toei will find in the next trademark for the 2014/2015 Kamen Rider show?

Late May to late June is probably the timeframe we're looking at for the next trademark to be revealed. Fourze was May 19th, Wizard was June 21st, and Gaim was June 13th.
 
Oh I forgot to post the preview for Ep 27:

Kouta gets shot at the back by Micchi as he was changing into Kachidoki Arms. He falls onto the floor and loses consciousness. Kaito sees this and despises Micchi's cowardly behaviour and attacks him. Micchi has no other option so he retreats. When Kouta wakes up, he wanders around Helheim aimlessly and sees a confused Oren...

Takatora was frustrated with Project Ark and he remembers the days when he was testing out the Sengoku Driver with Ryoma, not knowing that Ryoma back then was already betraying Takatora. Meanwhile after being hurt by Baron, Demushu attacks the Yggdrasil scientist base next to the crack to the headquarters. Takatora is alert of the emergency and he witnesses the Overlords for the first time.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top