10/10
Brilliant episode. This is definitely why Urobuchi is considered an A-list writer. There is definitely shades of Madoka and also Lovecraft in what Urobuchi is doing.
I think I'm beginning to have some inkling on what the actual antagonist is. I think the entire Helheim forest is actually a sort of living creature with a singular mind. The rips that are bringing in the fruit and the Inves, I think are intentionally being created by the forest (we know the lockseeds and flowers from the trees can cross dimensions). The fruits and the inves are then being brought through into Gaim's world with the inves' essentially acting as drones to protect the plants as they colonize a new world.
Brilliant episode. This is definitely why Urobuchi is considered an A-list writer. There is definitely shades of Madoka and also Lovecraft in what Urobuchi is doing.
I think I'm beginning to have some inkling on what the actual antagonist is. I think the entire Helheim forest is actually a sort of living creature with a singular mind. The rips that are bringing in the fruit and the Inves, I think are intentionally being created by the forest (we know the lockseeds and flowers from the trees can cross dimensions). The fruits and the inves are then being brought through into Gaim's world with the inves' essentially acting as drones to protect the plants as they colonize a new world.