Kamen Rider Gaim - Lock 08 "Baron's Newfound Power, Mango!"

So this episode actually had a lot of nods to other Riders and even Tokkyuger on Sagara's part of the episode.

[HIDE] dy3dWaz.avif[/HIDE]
 
And I was thinking how a Mango could turn into an armor....

I think the reason Kaito doesn't use Mango till now is due to him believing in strength alone and not everybody else. Thus he sticks with Banana, believing Banana's strength alone could allow him to achieve the greatest strength. Guess encountering Mai and hearing her part of the story while witnessing Gaim's Pine Arms that could make a difference makes him realize that there's a variety of strength available. It was just the matter of him choosing which kind of strength to use.

Guess Pine Arms equivalent is Mango Arms huh? Focused more on strength by sacrificing a bit of jumping and speed.

Micchy is slowly turning into a Two-Face character. And sorry, but Takatora, you seemed more of TheBee rather than Ouja. Although maybe future episode may show his transformation from TheBee into an Ouja/ Hopper.
 
Guess Pine Arms equivalent is Mango Arms huh? Focused more on strength by sacrificing a bit of jumping and speed.

I thought it was simply because they're bludgeoning weapons. Like how in medieval warfare bludgeoning weapons like maces, flails and clubs are more effective versus armor than sharp ones are.
 
Damn, the show's up to episode 8? I've only gotten as far as 6...

Really enjoying the show,but not sure what to make of the possibly gay marine pastry chef...:sly:
 
I'm quite glad this episode came along - it's the first one where I haven't found Baron totally unbearable. More please, Toei! But less of the DJ/announcer guy please. His "down with the kids" acting-way-younger-than-his-age routine is wearing a bit thin now.
Loving the Mango armour! It looks fantastic.
I think it looks a lot better than Banana Arms too. The capes, the big mace that suits his fighting style much more. It just works better for me. Having said that, I really dig Bravo's suit design too. Maybe this batch of Arms designs are where the designers are starting to find their stride?
Sooo...how long till they can no longer film in the forests due to budget? Hibiki also made the forests a main setting and it was somewhat disliked by Toei because it was expensive to film. But for the Helheim Forest I guess any old bush or park will do. They just need to stick some props in the ground, have clever camera angles and then slap the special effects in to blur out other stuff.
Yeah with Hibiki they really were showing off that they were in the mountains. With Gaim they could be in a botanical garden or even a large butterfly house and get away with the effect they've got here. Besides, I'm sure Toei's never going to risk letting them have a regular location out in the sticks again.
 
Last edited:
This was a reaally good episode. What little comedy there was, was funny. Many plots are going on at the same time, which is always great so there is always something to fall on for interest. You have you're brother beef with Mitsuzane and Takatora; the dealer and his scheming, Kaito character development with the addition of Mai adding to that development. Mitsuzane and the dealer schemes; more intrigue with the riffs and good fight scenes all around.

One thing KR has been doing lately and i'm sure will keep doing unfortunately is sacrifice the actual fighting choreo for a loud bright finisher. But in this episode the fights were dragged out a bit longer which was good and we got a randomly OP inves early which made the fights longer and shows it's only going to get tougher. Mango Arms was sweet, but I cared about everything else prior more.

Just hope Mai isn't the token damsel in distress.
 
Well in Mai's defense this episode, she didn't know the rift would close up behind her, she just sort of assumed it would be there for Kouta and Micchy.
 
Well in Mai's defense this episode, she didn't know the rift would close up behind her, she just sort of assumed it would be there for Kouta and Micchy.

True, but even then. She experienced this once before, and lost the her way before as well. Why she thought it would be Hello Kitty and Rainbows the second time around, I'll never know.
 
I thought it was simply because they're bludgeoning weapons. Like how in medieval warfare bludgeoning weapons like maces, flails and clubs are more effective versus armor than sharp ones are.

Well, when those weapons become integrated into Toei's show, particularly Rider, those weapon will become a heavy weapon. Like Kiva Dogga
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top