Kamen Rider Gaim - Lock 03 "Shocking! My Rival's Bananas Transformation!?"

I bet they will eventually use the term "Kamen Rider".

The reason they give an origin for the Rider learning about the term Kamen Rider in a crossover is likely because the actual series' staff won't use the term.

Wizard and Gaim both didn't know what "Kamen Riders" were in their crossover debuts - and Wizard went on to never use the word Kamen Rider in his own show, outside of the crossover episodes at the end. I expect something similar here. Although they at least use "Rider", just not "Kamen Rider".
 
Because heaven forbid we teach kids that it isnt just about how much money we can bring home that matters.

Call me idealistic but I think it isnt a bad message for kids that when it comes to work, it isnt only about how much money you'll make out of it (still very impt, i wont disagree) but what good your job does for the community or other people in general.

Looking at the context of those 2 siblings and where Kota got his money from makes me more sympathetic towards the sister too. Basically you have Kota who just quit his 2 jobs saying that they can live off his winnings playing cosplay Pokemon from now on.

And I know many people have provided for their family with professional poker winnings, maybe MTG Pro Tour circuit, probably even sponsored WoW guild raid instance whatevers, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But for the kids watching Gaim, is that really something I'd want them to learn at this stage? That if you can make money off playing a game (in-universe Inves is still just a game regardless of the inherent danger present there, the people of that world are as infatuated with it like ours are with say, idk basketball?) there's no point in going thru school as well as looking for a job? If you want to play the game, play it because you really want to, not just because you can make money out of it.

As for the episode, I do love Kota so far. Here's a guy who when we first meet is working hard, wanting to be a reliable adult. 2 episodes in and he's quit his work playing Digimon gladiator "for the team". I want to see where the show would go with his character.

I like Kaito's principles too, a walking opportunity to bring the weak to stand up and become better/stronger (or crumble if they dont or are too chickenshit to). He's an excellent foil to Kota. Ofc one wonders why someone w such strong beliefs is out in the street dancing and not doing something more productive w his life.
 
Be miserable and help strangers otherwise your money isn't good enough for me!

Seriously I wanted to fucking punch her almost as much as Kaito when he said that Kota was spineless for not being a power monger. Sorry, but I find it hard to take someone like that seriously who's special attacks look like dildo penetrations
 
Seriously I wanted to fucking punch her almost as much as Kaito when he said that Kota was spineless for not being a power monger. Sorry, but I find it hard to take someone like that seriously who's special attacks look like dildo penetrations

Kaito's line is pretty legit when you look at who he is. It's simply because Kouta isn't doing anything akin to the other teams with the belt. Never challenging other teams but just fighting those who come for Team Gaim.

So if anything he's dissapointed he isn't trying to do anything now that he have power.
 
Well done Gaim, you've just told Mai that you have no confidence in her abilities, and failed to notice because you thought the conversation was all about you. We're going for Gentaro levels of being completely blind to everything that isn't about you, aren't we?
Was Sid trying to just tell the two not to fight but race to win? Don't see the point of using the bikes if that isn't the case. Nice concept if entering the forest by accelerating too much.
We're going from street gangs to street racers! I think they've pretty much established that Sid must be pushing whatever agenda Yygrasil/Clearasil/howeveryouspellasil are going for, seeing as he has access to prototypes and personalised lockseeds.
please don't tell me the rider girls are doing the insert songs again.
If they give us more songs like "Just the Beginning" that'd be great :thumbs: Loved that song.
Loved this episode. Baron's stand-by music is amazing.The bikes needing to reach a certain speed to break in to the inverse zone does seem very BTTF DeLorean-ish.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who made that connection. Hit 88mph and you disappear!
so far i think Gaim is doing a great job of world building but where is the threat,ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I think the "threat" is the whiny douche with the banana on his head, who hasn't figured out that a spear is not a sword.
I bet they will eventually use the term "Kamen Rider".
Nah, it's "Armoured Rider" in the series itself. Beat Riders who put on <insert fruit name> arms. Probably Kamen Rider in the crossover movies.
The sister's a bitch, just sayin'
The sister's my favourite character so far! :laugh: She's the only one who isn't missing the blatently obvious or pouting all the time.
 
Last edited:
So if anything he's dissapointed he isn't trying to do anything now that he have power

Kaito comes off as nothing more than just an arrogant dick who's pissed that Team Gaim is moving through the ranks so quickly and effortlessly. This is not about Kaito being angry at Kota for not "reaching for the stars" to me.

I don't think Kota feels like Gaim is in a position to be biting off more than they can chew just yet
 
Kaito comes off as nothing more than just an arrogant dick who's pissed that Team Gaim is moving through the ranks so quickly and effortlessly. This is not about Kaito being angry at Kota for not "reaching for the stars" to me.

I don't think Kota feels like Gaim is in a position to be biting off more than they can chew just yet

The fact Kouta is playing around as Gaim in the Inves battles for a week (stated by DJ Sagara) shows that he easily could challenge the other teams since at this point no one else have a Wärring Driver. Until Kaito gets his later in that episode.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top