Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 18 - "Farewell, Beat Riders"

Anyone realised that Pine Squash had the Decade effects as well? :laugh:

Banana Arms is the first Arms to have initiated all three types of attacks now.

Matsubokkuri: Squash Sparking
Kurumi: Au Lait, Sparking
Donguri: Squash, Au Lait
Melon: None
Pine: Squash, Au Lait
Ichigo: None (though Charge on the Musou Saber has been used)
Orange: Squash, Sparking
Banana: All 3
Budou: Squash
Suika: Squash
Mango: Au Lait
Durian: Squash, Au Lait
Kiwi: Not sure which one he used in the movie

None of the Energy Riders have used the finisher function on the belt yet.


The tune should depend on the Rider, at least that's how the toys work. I guess they just made the tune for Knuckle and Kurokage troopers different to separate them, since they both have mass produced Sengoku Drivers. But Knuckle has a different head mould anyway so that probably is why.

Kaito just left Team Baron because he doesn't really care about dancing anymore and probably wants to focus on getting Yggdrasil. Zack declared himself as leader of Baron after he transformed.
 
Banana Arms is the first Arms to have initiated all three types of attacks now.

If there's one critique I have of the show, is that they don't seem to bother to differentiate the three final attacks.

Kaito just left Team Baron because he doesn't really care about dancing anymore and probably wants to focus on getting Yggdrasil. Zack declared himself as leader of Baron after he transformed.

Yup. To Kaito, dancing was one way in which he could gain power and fight back, but now he has other means of doing so.
 
Zack/ Knuckle intro is much more dramatic than Guridon/ Kurokage's. And with this all main 4 team already lost their leader. Yuuya killed, Kaito left, Jonouchi is pretty much has his face whipped with Oren's ass while Hase is.......
 
Excerpt from wikipedia.

Gen Urobuchi is a Japanese writer for visual novels, light novels, and anime. He is known for his dark style, nihilistic themes, and tragic plot twists, earning him the fan nickname "Urobutcher."

Urobutcher

:castlerock:
 
If there's one critique I have of the show, is that they don't seem to bother to differentiate the three final attacks.

It's different for each Rider, there's no rule saying that Squash is a Rider Kick, Au Lait is a Rider Slash etc.

For Baron, Banana Squash is just a banana projectile stab into the enemy. Banana Au Lait is the banana squashing the enemy from the top (ironic right?). Banana Sparking seems to be three banana projectiles firing from beneath the ground.
 
I'd attribute that to the bgm.
It was a pretty awesome BGM. :buttrock: And not only that, but the way he announced himself as Knuckle, along with his pose was really awesome. And he didn't get his ass kicked either, despite having a really weak lockseed.

I like this episode, but I think this dance event would be a good time to ask where the leaders are. How come Kota hasn't let anyone know that Hase was killed? I'm sure that would change the perspective of a lot of them. C'mon, it's kind of a big deal. And I still find it stupid that no one assumes Yuuya died... How long as it been? 5 months? And I get it's part of Mitchi's character, but that's pretty messed up - knowing something THAT important and keeping it to yourself just so you can stay happy.
 
Hmm, not one of my favourite episodes thus far. I think after the last few weeks of high stakes, tension and revelations, I wasn't prepared to go back the dance aspect of the show.

But having said that, it's a great episode in its own way and I'm glad we've had it happen. It's been sort of easy to forget, but the show's not just about the main riders and Yggdrasil, but also the periphery characters. Though the Gaim and Baron folks will probably still be around in some capacity, it's a good closing curtain call to the dance team aspect and the PR disaster the Beat Riders have had. Plus it's good to see Mai find solace in the fact that other teams minus Red Hot have finally reciprocated and answered her request.

Back to the main business next week and Kaito once again looks like he's about to be the pinata again for the villain to take some swings at. I guess there's always money in the banana rider.
 
So if Kamen Rider Knuckle uses a different lock seed with a different weapon, then the "Knuckle" name will no longer be relevant.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…