Kamen Rider Fourze Rumor/Picture Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll hold off on the spoiler, but yeah, I'm already guessing Cake Boss has big alterior motives.

Okay, I liked in episode... 4, was it? Where Eiji swipes the Cheetah core medal. That was exciting. It's like, "I lost my medal! But oh snatch! I gots a new one! Let's try it out!"

Had I done episode 7.... Hmm... I dunno. I woulda foreshadowed more in earlier episodes that Kougami had something that Eiji could use besides the bikes and weapons... and have him prepare to deliver the gift, but something goes wrong. So now part of the conflict is Eiji's gotta work to get that new coin.

And maybe have his predicament be that his enemies (Gameru and that new bull Yummy), have some sort of particular advantage over him that would neccesitate needing this new combo. As of right now he's just caught off guard and out-numbered. He doesn't need a new medal to beat them. The writers just wanted to throw another combo in there.

But I digress. Hey, point is, I'm still watching OOO, and I'm still gonna bitch about it as I watch it. :P

And I'll gladly drop it and divert my attentions to Fourze... if it's good.
 
In Blade, for example, Kenzaki has to work for his ****. And if he is granted with a gift like the Absorb Queen thingy, there is dramatic weight to it.
But here you're comparing something that happened a little later on in the series to the earliest parts of OOO. At around episode 7 both series are basically "Beat the bad guy, get a new toy!" but OOO definitely has dramatic weight when it comes to the weapons and forms he uses later on. (which, I get your point about time, but it's not really even to compare your thoughts on a complete series to one you've only seen a handful of)
 
Why? This line of thought makes no sense whatsoever.

That's the point of writing good episodes, chapters, installments. Of good marketing. Of teasers and trailers. Or numerable storytelling tricks. You keep the consumer entertained through the life of the product. If you have a 13 episode series and episode 13 is the greatest thing ever, it doesn't matter if you've lost the audience before you got there.

Exactly. I am utterly baffled when I tell people that I dropped Den-O after episode episode 29, because then I'm usually told, "Oh, but episode 30 is when it gets really awesome!" ....So?! If nearly thirty episodes of a fifty episode series BORE ME TO TEARS, then I really don't care how good the last few episodes are. I'm out!

OOO lost my interest after three episodes. I stopped watching and threw myself into Ultraman Ace with more zeal than ever before. I made the right decision. I may give OOO another try sometime in the future but for now, I'd rather watch a show that made my pants tight after the first three episodes rather than one that made me wonder why I wasn't taking a nap instead.
 
^ Hear hear!

Aoi Kurenai said:
But here you're comparing something that happened a little later on in the series to the earliest parts of OOO. At around episode 7 both series are basically "Beat the bad guy, get a new toy!"

At episode 7 of Blade, some new toys are earned (after hard-ass fights), a romance is formed, and some serious **** goes down with the mysterious intro of Isaka and his organization.

That had me hooked.
 
Exactly. I am utterly baffled when I tell people that I dropped Den-O after episode episode 29, because then I'm usually told, "Oh, but episode 30 is when it gets really awesome!" ....So?! If nearly thirty episodes of a fifty episode series BORE ME TO TEARS, then I really don't care how good the last few episodes are. I'm out!

OOO lost my interest after three episodes. I stopped watching and threw myself into Ultraman Ace with more zeal than ever before. I made the right decision. I may give OOO another try sometime in the future but for now, I'd rather watch a show that made my pants tight after the first three episodes rather than one that made me wonder why I wasn't taking a nap instead.

The bolded part baffles me. If you've already watched up to episode 29, but episode 30 is where it gets awesome, then, if you've already invested that large amount of time into it, then why wouldn't you invest 1 more episode of time to get to that awesome point? That's just confusing. If that's not really the case and you were just making an example, then, I gotta say, that's a horrible example >___>

Anyway, this next part is just imo, but if I start watching a series, I try to finish it, even if it doesn't interest me that much, just because I've already invested time into it, and it's at least worth seeing how it ends. At first, I really wasn't that interested in watching OOO, even though I had already watched the first 17 episodes, so I stopped watching it for a while. Then I randomly woke up at 8:00 one morning and watched an episode (maybe episode 40? I can't remember exactly) and that was enough to get me completely interested in the story again, and I marathoned all the episodes I had missed online, up to that point, so that I'd be all caught up to watch it the following week on the television. Sometimes, I just have to give it time to set in your brain, or just watching a random episode to spark that interest again.
 
If you like it, you like it. If you don't other folks like it. It comes down to preference. End of discussion. Move on folks.
 
Anyway, this next part is just imo, but if I start watching a series, I try to finish it, even if it doesn't interest me that much, just because I've already invested time into it, and it's at least worth seeing how it ends.

This is called the "sunk costs fallacy".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs#Loss_aversion_and_the_sunk_cost_fallacy
Many people have strong misgivings about "wasting" resources (loss aversion). In the above example involving a non-refundable movie ticket, many people, for example, would feel obliged to go to the movie despite not really wanting to, because doing otherwise would be wasting the ticket price; they feel they've passed the point of no return. This is sometimes referred to as the sunk cost fallacy. Economists would label this behavior "irrational": it is inefficient because it misallocates resources by depending on information that is irrelevant to the decision being made. Colloquially, this is known as "throwing good money after bad".

This line of thinking, in turn, may reflect a non-standard measure of utility, which is ultimately subjective and unique to the consumer. A ticket-buyer who purchases a ticket to a bad movie in advance makes a semi-public commitment to watching it. To leave early is to make this lapse of judgment manifest to strangers, an appearance he might otherwise choose to avoid. Alternatively, he may take pride in having recognized the opportunity cost of the alternative use of time.

Basically, just because you've burned 4 hours of time on something, doesn't mean it's necessarily a good idea to burn more time in the hope that your time will turn out to be well spent.

Different strokes for different folks. I just need do not understand those who jump on people because the early part of a show or book did nothing for them.
 
Exactly. I am utterly baffled when I tell people that I dropped Den-O after episode episode 29, because then I'm usually told, "Oh, but episode 30 is when it gets really awesome!" ....So?! If nearly thirty episodes of a fifty episode series BORE ME TO TEARS, then I really don't care how good the last few episodes are. I'm out!

OOO lost my interest after three episodes. I stopped watching and threw myself into Ultraman Ace with more zeal than ever before. I made the right decision. I may give OOO another try sometime in the future but for now, I'd rather watch a show that made my pants tight after the first three episodes rather than one that made me wonder why I wasn't taking a nap instead.

I was looking at your post and it reminded me of something that the RRR people said in their podcast about how Kobayashi usually makes the first half of the series to be kinda bland but makes the second half of the series' episodes more entertaining.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top