Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight - The Official Thread

I really don't know if I would like for Blade to be a direct sequel to Ryuki. Especially if they continued the series after the Blade footage was used up. Some people may have liked it in PR, but I think it just starts to look stupid for the same characters to be switching costumes and randomly finding new enemies year after year, who attack them in the same city, etc.

Also, didn't Kieth already basically say they had no ideas of skipping directly to Blade anyway? And even if they did, I would probably prefer they just do another series that doesn't just pass over the suits to the Dragon Knight characters.
 
I really don't know if I would like for Blade to be a direct sequel to Ryuki. Especially if they continued the series after the Blade footage was used up. Some people may have liked it in PR, but I think it just starts to look stupid for the same characters to be switching costumes and randomly finding new enemies year after year, who attack them in the same city, etc.

Also, didn't Kieth already basically say they had no ideas of skipping directly to Blade anyway? And even if they did, I would probably prefer they just do another series that doesn't just pass over the suits to the Dragon Knight characters.

I'd rather have a whole new sequel rather than a pointless Season 2. Besides alot of shows do sequels with all new people and storylines. The difference is it just happens to be live-action.
 
Plus Kamen Riders are kind of mobile. Rember the Rider part? They can, I don't know, follow the enemies to different cities; possibly upgrading their suits as new tech is developed. That would make more sense than "I had a great time as a superhero, but now I don't have to worry about any other bad guys. Let some other guy handle it."
 
I really don't know if I would like for Blade to be a direct sequel to Ryuki. Especially if they continued the series after the Blade footage was used up. Some people may have liked it in PR, but I think it just starts to look stupid for the same characters to be switching costumes and randomly finding new enemies year after year, who attack them in the same city, etc.

Also, didn't Kieth already basically say they had no ideas of skipping directly to Blade anyway? And even if they did, I would probably prefer they just do another series that doesn't just pass over the suits to the Dragon Knight characters.

It's better than having it where every new season the previous one no longer matters and new people just happen to come along with similar powers every single year.

By the time they would need to film a new season though, it would've been a couple years since they filmed Dragon Knight. I like the idea of having it be several years later since I have a feeling that at least Stephen Lunsford will look quite a bit older than he did when they filmed this.
 
Plus, when doing new DK seasons actors aren't guaranteed to return so it's way easier to do brand new shows.
 
All those "easy coincidence" problems can be solved by each season being its own story entirely, completely independent the others. Which is what recent Kamen Rider (not to mention most other shows of this type) does anyway.
 
Plus, when doing new DK seasons actors aren't guaranteed to return so it's way easier to do brand new shows.

They might not be guarenteed, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try. Why take the easy way out?


All those "easy coincidence" problems can be solved by each season being its own story entirely, completely independent the others. Which is what recent Kamen Rider (not to mention most other shows of this type) does anyway.
Are you suggesting they make each season its own universe? Because that would kinda suck.
 
Why take the easy way out?

It's not about what's easy. It's about what's most respectable. Dragging out a storyline longer than it needs to be, is not good. Especially if you have to shoehorn in a whole assload of merchandise and different concepts and exceptions JUST to make the show work with the transition from one season to the next to the next.

It also makes the franchise easier for casual viewers to step into the show and not feel completely lost at the start of each new season. Because it's a brand new story that they can jump into, almost as easily as the show's twelve biggest fans, who never miss an episode.
 
It's not about what's easy. It's about what's most respectable. Dragging out a storyline longer than it needs to be, is not good.
A lot of shows go for longer than a year. Are those storylines being drug out longer than they need to be?

Especially if you have to shoehorn in a whole assload of merchandise and different concepts and exceptions JUST to make the show work with the transition from one season to the next to the next.
As long as they write their own story which is what they seem to be doing with DK, I'm not sure why they'd have to shoehorn anything.

It also makes the franchise easier for casual viewers to step into the show and not feel completely lost at the start of each new season. Because it's a brand new story that they can jump into, almost as easily as the show's twelve biggest fans, who never miss an episode.
While true, there's no one saying that they have to keep continuing with the same cast every season. It'd just be nice if there wasn't this attitude of well... the JP version is like this so we gotta be the same way. It's a shame that PR's become subjected to it. But Adness seems to care more about the product so I'm hoping for something a little different.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top