Kamen Rider Dragon Knight - "Swan Song" Talk Up!

Not to start a debate but I have to put my two cents in. "Blood" and "Darkness" and "Intense Violence" does not automatically make a show better. Neither does huge amounts of drama either. Not every show has to be CSI or Death Note, especially if it is mainly aimed at a "eight year old and up" audience.

That and the Saban era did not liberally use "Blood" or have exceedingly dramatic stories. Most were generally formulaic and "kiddie," as you call them, with a few exceptions; you do recall that the first five series generally consisted of "Random Monster of the Week" plots with fairly cheesy dialogue right? Even then, the most "dramatic" or at least the shows fitting your description were only 3 or 4 series out of 10, which ones they were depending on your preferences. And for the record, I like all the series, Disney and Saban made, to varying degrees, each has their strong points and negative points.

"Light-hearted-ness" is not a story handicap. Neither is "Uber-Hardcore-Darkness" the ultimate proof of a show's awesomeness. Balance between the two is often the best way to handle it, and even then both extremes have their positives.
 
I loved this episode. Len's emotion was fantastic, absolutey epic! That's what Disney's Power Rangers needs! Gotta love the drama. Strike is fucking badass! That's too bad that Kase got vented. Oh well.

Gosh, I wish Adness Entertainment would own Power Rangers and then there will be more drama just like PRiS-PRWF.

**** you, Disney.... for what? Nothing like what Saban's Power Rangers had. You wanted PR to be completely changed and it turned into kiddy bullshit. Heart-lighted in PR is fucking bullshit. No emotion at all. Huge explode Ka-boom! on the background bullshit. No blood or scratch on Rangers' face or hand. No intense violence like Saban's PRiS-PRWF.

*sigh* Christ this is bad. And you said "heart-lighted".

So yeah, this was an okay episode. Genocider wasn't impressive at all though. It's like Strike said "hey look what I can do, isn't this cool?". And then it separates in to the three beasts.
 
**** you, Disney.... for what? Nothing like what Saban's Power Rangers had. You wanted PR to be completely changed and it turned into kiddy bullshit. Heart-lighted in PR is fucking bullshit. No emotion at all. Huge explode Ka-boom! on the background bullshit. No blood or scratch on Rangers' face or hand. No intense violence like Saban's PRiS-PRWF.

I agree that the Saban era was great, but I think you exaggerated about it. They didn't go THAT deep during in Space-Time Force (i.e. blood). Also, not all the Disney seasons are light-hearted. RPM is a good example of that.

Sentai, on the other hand, DOES show blood like in Liveman, GoGo-V, and Magiranger, but that's Japan and things are different over there.
 
This was one of the better episodes of the series so far. Very excited about the rest of the series.
 
Well it doesn't even matter cause PR's being cancelled anyway!

Who else got all tingley when Strike stole Sting's advent deck and when he held up Thrust and Stings decks?
 
Super Awesome Dragon Thing didn't do much, I'm a little dissapointed. although Strike coming out of the car made my brother say "Surprise Buttsecks!", I lol'd
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top