Kamen Rider Dragon Knight - "Search for the Dragon" Talk Up!

You know, I really think that the "Henshin Sequence" with the CG orb or whatever certainly carries more weight than the old Ryuki Henshin. It just... works!
But the problem is the CGI only improve what was in Ryuki by a half (well it's not hard to do better CGI wise with more money), but no special pose nor transformation words said wit lots of will.
Len says "Kamen Rider" to transform, well i can live with it even though a real "henshin" would have been really nice as a real reference to the original show.

so in the end, it's 50/50, a big plus for the visual and a big neg for the rest of the sequence.
 
Ok I have to study for finals so I'll just do a quick review of the sneek peak epsiode

Pros:
-First 5 minutes of the episodes. The action sequence with Knight in his bike was pure awesome! Is Matt Mullins also in the suit or a suit actor? Please tell me :sweat:
-Decent writing. Not great (yet) but at least it's not **** like Disney have been doing to Power Rangers lately :170:

Cons:
-OP sequence. The OP music is alright but the OP sequence where they just show still images of the riders doing different poses is just BS. Very disappointing :disappoin:
-Fast Forwarding Japanese Footage. Seriously they were doing that way too much! It got annoying especially with Knight's Final Vent sequence.

Overall I'll give this episode 3 out 5.
Hopefully it will be better as the series progresses.
 
I've been thinking:
[HIDE]They seem to be sowing the seeds for later encounters pretty early. Judging from what said about Kit's perdicament with the law and family, I think it can be safely assumed that Kamen Rider Onyx (Ryuga) is the true culprit.

Likely Onyx, like Ryuga, is Kit's Ventara/Mirror counterpart and thus would be perfectly be able to incriminate his other self and escape without a trace. This is further supported by the episode descriptions that claim that Ventara's Dragon Knight (All riders being linked to their counterparts on both worlds) was the one who betrayed the others.

Undoubtedly this will get referenced when Onyx appears and probably take the roll as the "13th rider" likely either in Xaviax's employ with a dark copy deck or as a wildcard in the Rider Fight.

If so I have to commend the writers as it would be a far better explanation than what was used in Ryuki. Why did Shiro Kanzaki just happen to make two decks that are nearly identical and are colour scheme opposites? Just doesn't make sense story wise other than to force a "Mirror Match" for the movie. [/HIDE]

Overall, I look forward to see what they have in January and the coming months.
 
Just remember everyone, some of the very best series start with some okay beginnings. Most Sci Fi shows actually do this, but once they get good, they get AMAZING, and I truly believe this is what will happen with Ryuki.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top