Kamen Rider Dragon Knight - Kit Taylor recast?

I have it on pretty good authority, no matter how many notes and requests for rewriting is received, we don't have to worry about it being too much like PR.

So it won't be a wildly successful new brand in the US and will last one season if that?

I'm sorry but people complaining about the show's rewrites IMO haven't quite grasped the concept that's okay to be mainstream/popular. It doesn't make you less of a fan or whatever you want to call yourself if you like the same things as the people who don't invest enormous amounts of time/money in a particular brand or product.
 
So it won't be a wildly successful new brand in the US and will last one season if that?

I'm sorry but people complaining about the show's rewrites IMO haven't quite grasped the concept that's okay to be mainstream/popular. It doesn't make you less of a fan or whatever you want to call yourself if you like the same things as the people who don't invest enormous amounts of time/money in a particular brand or product.

This show has mass potential and it could spell it`s downfall if it`s seen as a carbon copy of Power Ranger. Emulating PR`s initial success is what it should do, after that it needs to stand on it`s own feet.
 
This show has mass potential and it could spell it`s downfall if it`s seen as a carbon copy of Power Ranger. Emulating PR`s initial success is what it should do, after that it needs to stand on it`s own feet.

Except that carbon copying works to a large extent. There is very little difference between CSI and Law&Order for example. The backdrops are different but the emphasis for both remains not on the characters but the procedures and such.

KRDK shouldn't deviate too far from the established formula because it works. And I'm hoping that the people who are creating this series understand that.
 
I don't think I agree with JABR's remarks. It doesnt have to copy PR's methods of success to be successful. I think you're underestimating the production behind Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. I'm damn sure it's going to be a good show. Let's not worry about it.

All it needs is a really bad ass theme song. That's the problem with a lot of kids shows, they don't have good theme songs, songs that inspire you to watch more when you hear it.
 
I don't think I agree with JABR's remarks. It doesnt have to copy PR's methods of success to be successful. I think you're underestimating the production behind Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. I'm damn sure it's going to be a good show. Let's not worry about it.

All it needs is a really bad ass theme song. That's the problem with a lot of kids shows, they don't have good theme songs, songs that inspire you to watch more when you hear it.

PR's methods to sucess are what it should copy.

Simple, easy to understand characters and motivations.
Very simple and clever stories without being complex.
Dynamic action sequences.
Easy and clean resolution the problems presented (mostly).

That's the formula for PR, Sentai and other tokus. Deviating away from it too much doesn't work or help that much.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top