Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger - Set Sail! V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's official: Gai Ikara/whatever gets on my nerves.

I can't decide if I find him entertaining or find him annoying. Some moments were really funny like his roll-call, but everything else is annoying.

Granted, I love the concept of him - super sentai fanboy turned real hero, but they need to find an actor who doesn't have that TROLL FACE on 24/7 and whose voice doesn't sound like nails on a chalkboard.

Couldn't say it better myself
 
I just noticed, his Roll Call goes from Red sun, to Blue, to Yellow, to Pink (with himself in human form behind for whatever reason) then Green trees, to a sky that's probably silver.

Super Sentai Fanboy Roll call, TO THE MAX!

that... and doing it for the fact that the Gokaiger lack any intro lines. I mean... the team's roll call is only:

[roll call] name. name. name. name. name. Team name. Lets make this showy![/roll call]

... since we don't really have the typical:

[roll call]line. name. other line. name. another line. name. different line. name. some other line. name. Last line. name. Some goody-line shoe line that the team does line plus a pose. Team name. Battle cry. [/roll call] [optional curtain crew if you're shinkenger]

Something tells me that he is going to do that intro everytime or he is going to teach the gokaiger the importance of a proper roll call.
 
Last edited:
^ Cripes, the Gokaiger have it right! It's only in the '00s where Sentai teams felt the need to add their biography and shopping list and what they plan to have for lunch to their intro.
 
Or the Gokaigers will call him out on the super long roll call, or maybe each time he even tries to do a super long roll call the fight would already have begun.

Either way, I liked the simplicity of the Gokaiger roll calls, pretty reminiscent of many past Super Sentai series pre Gao.
 
^ Cripes, the Gokaiger have it right! It's only in the '00s where Sentai teams felt the need to add their biography and shopping list and what they plan to have for lunch to their intro.
You, sir, win an internet point.

Or the Gokaigers will call him out on the super long roll call, or maybe each time he even tries to do a super long roll call the fight would already have begun.

I can see it now.

Gai: The fanboy who achive his dream. Bazing as the sun. Smooth as water. Fi- wait- HEY GUYS!!!! WE hAVEN'T FINISH OUR ROLL CALL!

Mav: We finished our like about a day ago.

Gai: No but you have to do it like-

Mav: Who's the red guy here?! I make the rules. now go out and kills some grunts or something.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top