Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger: A Year in Retrospect

I particularly enjoyed the stories and plots surrounding Lio, Mele, and Long. The dialog and scenarios surrounding the rangers was often boring but sometimes entertaining.
 
I was definitely impressed with how Jan underwent maturity, of sorts. It's funny, the first time I see a hyper Red I always get turned off but the more I keep watching the more the character grows on me. It happened with Ban and it happened again with Jan. And in his emotional/dramatic scenes, I really felt sad/happy/inspired by the guy and cheered him on. Like it or not, the whole of the team centred around Jan and the guy really pulled it off.

As for the others, it was Ken and Gou who stood out more than Retsu and Ran. The latter two grew on me as well, but they didn't have the instant impact imo that Ken and Gou had since both were just cool, Ken in a happy-go-lucky way and Gou in a badass way.

The main bad guys, Rio, Mele and Long stood out in their own ways. Rio was pure badass while both Mele and Long showed that there were more to them than what was on the surface. I sure as hell didn't expect Long to be as big an asshole as he turned out to be and his nonchalant attitude at how he destroyed the lives of Jan and Rio just made me cheer them both on harder.

The mecha battles rocked, no question. I've never been stirred up by Sentai mecha battles prior to Geki; this was a first and I enjoyed every battle. I think the "rollcall" also helped: *insert mecha name*; Burning Up!

Lastly, I felt the story was tightly written and consistent. Even if it was a filler episode, the plot was constantly moving along. And the twists; introducing GenJyuKen? Dan as Suugu? I never expected it at all.

So in conclusion, Geki = AWESOME.:buttrock:
 
I wasn't that big a fan of Geki at the beginning, but I started to like it. I love Ken and Gou; they made a great pair and were cool by themselves. I thought I wasn't going to like Jan (which is saying something because I liked Ban) but I soon grew to like them. Ran and Retsu were pretty underused, but I enjoyed them (especially Ran :anime:). I though Rio and Mele were some of the most well developed characters in a Sentai series. As for the stories, they seemed kind of boring until we started learning that there was more than what we were seeing going on, ie. when Long came on. I swear, there will never be a villian like Long ever again. I liked the suits and and the design for GekiTouja.

Overall, great show. I will be anxiously waiting for the Gekirangers' last adventure as the current Sentai; Juuken Sentai Gekiranger vs. Boukenger (I'm also looking forward to it as Boukenger was the first series I watched in order).
 
Truly one of the best sentai series....... although it's not my place to say it because I haven't finish watching it....... Let's just hope the next one could be at least 10% as good as Gekiranger.
 
What do I think of Gekiranger? This time I will say it again about the entire series how awesome Gekiranger was!!

Personally, I loved the whole characters and I should say that Bae was kinda annoying, but he had a character development in the series along with Gou.

In the beginning of GEKIRANGER, it moved a little bit slow, I know those three Gekirangers had to take some trainee to improve to fight against Lio and his monsters.

In the middle of series, we've got our first violet hero, GekiViolet, the very first time ever. Gou was so such badass, beat those monsters easily. Gou had an character development as well!! It worked very well to connect in the past.

After GekiViolet's debut, we got another Ranger, the 5th Ranger, GekiChopper. I've always thought he was being goofy, but he was so such badass! I loved helmet and suit!! Ken was so cool along with Gou. During the mecha battle, his moves reminded me of Kibaranger from DAIRANGER. That was simply awesome. I don't even consider that GekiChopper is the 6th Ranger. He is the 5th Ranger, just like Abare Killer from ABARANGER.

Rio, Mele, Long and others were awesome, but Long was one of the best villain ever! Gekiranger got an awesome villains!!

The story and characters development went WELL, despite flaws, but very good.

I'm so glad I got back into Sentai! Boukenger was absolutely worst Sentai series ever! >:(

Overall, this series gets an A+!! Best Sentai series ever since Dekaranger! :buttrock:
 
Last edited:
My first thought on Juuken Sentai Gekiranger:
Well, at first I thought it was goofy in the first episodes until we finally see Rio in action. Later, I actually got into Mele after seeing how she Rio for the first time to today. Then it got even better when the Gekirangers achieved the Kagekis, the Super Geki Claws, and the GekiFire. When Gou and Ken came to the picture, maaaan I was so psyched to see a badass character in Violet and another Goofy character. However, Ken manage to bind together his goofiness and badass attitude in one. Long was the one character that creped me out until I found out what his true objectives were. Loved the backup stories of the Kenseis and the RinKenseis. I also thought Bae was pretty annoying until I started to feel sorry for the guy. Last but not least, the ending. Very epic, too bad that Rio and Mele are now dead, they would have made an excellent GekiBlack and GekiGreen. I didn't expect to see Long's final defeat but hey, just have to wait for next Sentai Team-Up.

Overall, one of the best damn well-developed Sentai series, EVER!!!! The second was Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger. #3 was Mahou Sentai Magiranger. I haven't seen Gosei Sentai Dairanger yet, but when I get a chance, I will add it to my top favourite Sentai Shows. Great story, awesome background stories for the characters, great cast, Kickass suits, weapons, and mechas.

Final score: 9.75/10 A+++++ ALL THE WAY, BABY!!!:buttrock: :buttrock:
P.S. the "Passing the Torch" for Geki/Go-On was funny yet invigorating.

Can't wait to see the movie and the team-up between Geki and Bouken.
 
I agree, Long is truely the best villian Toei ever created, more so than I expected. I knew he was tied to Rio's past, but how and his true story blew me away.

The seiyuu for the Kensei (especially Sha Fu), the Kenma (Maku voiced by a veteran sentai seiyuu, also did the 3rd Hokage of Naruto), and Bae (same guy who voiced Gaara of Naruto) were so awesome to have pull off their characters well. The only real shame is no one got to see their original human faces, expect Rageku (For 2 seconds).
 
Gekiranger is the first sentai i have followed fully from start to finish and its has not disappoint me at all. To me, 49 episodes feels like not enough.

I do have my gripes though like how Ken debuted 3 episodes after Gou's debut and dominates almost half of the remaining episodes. Also, Gou could have been GekiViolet earlier than episode 25. I have not watched the remaining 2 episodes so i would reserved final judgement later ...

Overall, i love Gekiranger and like everyone else, it would be sad to let it go though there is Bouken VS Geki to look forward to :anime:

I agree, Gekiranger was the first sentai I've seen every episode of. I'm so glad I did.:band: :198: :buttrock: The only thing I didn't like about Gekiranger was that it had to end.8( :( :bawling:
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top