Just finished FF7 Advent Children Complete...(may contain spoilers)

Watching it in HD was so worth it, looked amazing.

I'm pretty happy most of the new minutes were story related rather than just being pure action. Felt a lot more like a real proper movie, rather than the pretty much fanboyism the original was.
 
I'm bumping this because I recently took the time to finally sit through the Director's Cut version and I loved it! All the new scenes added so much to the movie and I noticed that there were old scenes changed as well. In this version, Geostigma looked like a deadly disease and the new scenes made me feel sympathy for Denzel a lot. He is a much more important character in this one. Lastly, the Cloud/Sephiroth fight was awesome. It was much more brutal and the length of it felt more complete too. I watched this fight scene a few times already. In all, this movie should've been the first version that came out in 2005!
 
Watched it on Blu-Ray last night.... I have to say, I like the original better.

Blu-Ray certainly LOOKS better, but they break the rhythm of the final attack from Cloud by pausing for what I felt was an unnecessary emotional moment while remembering Zack.

Also, there's more pauses to see stuff regarding the kids.. also just kinda chokes the flow of an already pretty convoluted film.

Was nice to watch it again, but... the original cut was better.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top