Jungle Fury "Scab" Writers Taking Over Soon

I believe the ended up with a 2 cent raise.

Incidentally, I read this a few minutes ago.

Responding to the deal with the DGA, the WGA and the equally activist Screen Actors Guild band together and declare all-out war against the studios in February. The two guilds plan a massive unified labor action to bring Hollywood to its knees on June 30, 2008, the day the SAG contract expires.​
 
I believe WGA also got something when it comes to streaming video on websites (i.e. the episodes on the Jetix Player), but I really don't know exactly how that works.

That article was very... wow.
 
I cant wait to watch the scab episodes. Like I've said, they could be good because these are guys with something to prove. They dont have an automatic "come back next year!" job. So they have more motivation to provide something for their bosses to judge their worth on.

Yeah, and since it's pretty clear that the UNION writers don't know what the **** they're doing, this may not be a bad thing.
 
Maybe the remaining producers just picked popular fanfic writers at random :laugh: and since most fic writers are girl we'll end up with SO much (contradicting) shipping hints it'll be dizzying :laugh:

Off course I doubt the scabs had much freedom...the story was probably set by the Story Editor long before the strike started.
 
probably. But just because the story is set doesnt mean they couldnt do a better or worse job at telling it :169:
 
This post over at Funaroboard was interesting:


Kyl416 said:
So I saw Jesse's post about Ally Mondera being an anagram for "damn loyaler", so I put some of the other scabs into an anagram analyzer:

Aran Hufee = A faun here
Nico Manley = Mainly Once
Patrick Skuel = A Picket Lurks
Casey S. Neki = Ceases Inky
Sal. N. Mitchell = Can Helm Still

There are some other scabs too but no strike related anagrams jumped out at me in the lists:
William Carter
Sofia Sprittey
Grace Urwin
KJ Bekman
Moni Zamazene

and....

John Edward?
 
Am I reading that right? 11 scab writers? o_O

The regular writing staff only has three full timers (Two really, because Bruce hasn't done much writing as of late, and has been almost all all Jackie and John)

David Garber's the odd man in the counting. He wrote one episode for SPD, one for Mystic Force, a bunch of Operation Overdrive (some of my favorites for the season, actually) and the next episode is his second Jungle Fury offering.
 
probably. But just because the story is set doesnt mean they couldnt do a better or worse job at telling it :169:

The dialogues will be the deal breakers here that's for sure. Hopefully Theo won't develop a 'character flaw of the week' every episode ><
 
If the fi-core writers for this was like the ones for the daytimes soaps THEN they have already had preexisting storyboards and storylines to work off. They would not have been working on their own.
 
I believe the ended up with a 2 cent raise.

Incidentally, I read this a few minutes ago.

Responding to the deal with the DGA, the WGA and the equally activist Screen Actors Guild band together and declare all-out war against the studios in February. The two guilds plan a massive unified labor action to bring Hollywood to its knees on June 30, 2008, the day the SAG contract expires.​

I think I'll start supporting their causes once they start churning out quality material that also aren't just remakes, sequels, or movie adaptations. It seems like the only American director making original, quality material anymore is Quentin Tarantino.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top