Japanese Anime Artist Commits Suicide

Black Ranger RX

I don't have low self esteem.
http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=491

Rin Inumaru, the creator of a popular children's Anime cartoon in Japan called "Ojaru Maru", committed suicide because she thought her work was a failure.

Although I'm not even familiar with Ojaru Maru, I actually felt a bit sad after reading this article. I mean... just like that? :nono:

And what's even more confusing is, I heard her cartoon series actually got high ratings on TV Asahi. Now, normally if your artistic work is popular, you should be proud of yourself. But Rin Inumaru didn't seem so. I wonder what was wrong?

And here's what I think is a Japanese news report..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCtQgXUcyeQ

R.I.P Rin Inumaru.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
rip, it may have been because she felt that it wasn't the way she imagined it to be, it's stressful being an anime/manga artist
 
Yeah but he also partially blamed himself for Hayabusa's injury too.

The Japanese are very serious about earning and maintaining face and suicide isn't just over depression or insanity like it is other places; I've heard many many stories of young Japanese students killing themselves because of test grades or academic placement.
 
The Japanese are very serious about earning and maintaining face and suicide isn't just over depression or insanity like it is other places; I've heard many many stories of young Japanese students killing themselves because of test grades or academic placement.

Yeah, I heard the same thing from my sensei...
 
Suicide is such a horrible thing. Ending your life faster then what it was intended to. I've gone through the troubles of this happening to people I know myself. Very sad.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top