James Gunn's DC Universe Will Begin With "Young Superman"

I am utterly shocked and heartbroken by this news. The news that Henry Cavill would reprise his role as Superman gave me a hopeful outlook on the future. He gave that character a level of complexity that will never be matched by anyone else. How can they expect us to maintain our fandom without providing us with a complete story featuring our favorite actors? I feel bad for Henry. It was evident that he had strong feelings about the character and DC in general. It is frustrating that his return was JUST announced, but if a DC reset is imminent, I suppose this makes sense.

Do you still love me if I am a worm
Although I don't follow celebrities, I must say that Henry Cavill always seems to carry himself with the utmost sophistication. I adored his performance as Superman. It is shady that they told him to confirm his return and then told him to take a hike, but things do occur. It is bizarre, to say the least. I have no doubt, however, that there is additional activity occurring behind the scenes about which we will never be informed. You should have compassion for Henry Cavill. This appears to indicate that James Gun is relaunching the D.C. series. Universe. I enjoyed Henry's performance as Superman, but I also enjoyed the Superman from Superman and Lois. I had hoped that if they eliminated Cavel, they would bring back the Superman from that show, but it appears unlikely that they will do so because they want a younger Superman.

Manifesting more seasons of Arcane
James Gunn didn't say a word when Henry Cavill said he was returning. Given that we still have other DCEU movies coming out next year but we're also getting a completely different Superman, I'm more perplexed than ever as to whether or not they're rebooting the entire DCEU or not. I see this as evidence for starting over. Despite the fact that it would be a terrible idea, continuing to use the same actor would inevitably cause people to confuse the new canon with the old one or at least be reminded of it. Aquaman 2 and The Flash will be the final films in Zack Snyder's shared universe. I know things look bad now, but I have faith that everything will turn out okay in the end.

This is... what?! Really, this is heartbreaking. Hollywood can no longer be relied upon to provide reliable guidance. I haven't had much interest in going to the theater in a long time, and I haven't been anticipating any DC films in particular. Having Henry Cavill in it was easily the best part. But…damn! Just look at how kind he is, doesn't it? How handsome is this young man! He is the perfect Superman but he only got one solo film and the rest are mediocre crossover.

Stupid Manthing
Something that has been uncertain for such a significant amount of time has, at long last, been resolved, which, if I'm being totally forthright, does not surprise me in the least. However, this is a terrible plan because I had hoped that there would be at least one more solo film, and it wouldn't surprise me if Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot are the next ones to get the chop.

It's amazing how many people have expressed sympathy for Cavill. This is a very positive pattern. Cavill has won fans because he possesses something that many other Hollywood heavy hitters and artists do not: passion. True fans have a passion for the actual source material, whether it's Superman or The Witcher, as opposed to many writers and producers who are only interested in pushing whatever shoddy vision they have in order to create their own twist or whatever. Cavill continues to show up to these projects as an ardent fan, clutching his Witcher books/games and Superman comics to his chest, eager to engage with the material that made us love these characters so much, only to discover that the other attendees simply use these great characters and intellectual properties as vessels with pre-built audiences to create their own garbage content. With his Witcher books/games and Superman comics, Cavill keeps showing up to these projects as a big fan. Furthermore, he has consistently displayed a genuine and endearing sense of modesty, which is much appreciated.

Mi Ultimo Adios
At this point, I'm at a loss for how to frame my own criticism of DC, so I'll just say that I no longer trust that administration. No reasonable person would tolerate such treatment of a great man as Henry. Cavill is a huge fan of Henry and a total nerd. We made a HUGE mistake by letting him go, and it's made worse by the fact that they promised he'd return. I feel terrible for Henry Cavill, who has announced his departure from the role of Superman. After losing The Witcher, this man is only concerned with portraying the fictional heroes he admires.

Goddess of the Couch potatoes
Dear Barbara Broccoli, Please Hire this handsome man as the next James Bond. I promise you wont regret it.

I am Alive!
It breaks my heart to see Henry go through this. Simply put, this is how I feel right now: angry and heartbroken. There would have been no point in telling him he was done after asking him to make an announcement about his return two months ago. This is so humiliating. Given that he is one of the most humble and dedicated actors in the business, and that he gives his all to every role he plays, their treatment of him was extremely unjust. Almost from the moment of his conception, he was destined to become Superman. He has a lot of heart for his work, in addition to his obvious good looks. I've had enough of Washington, D.C., and I'm rooting for him to be the next James Bond. One thing is certain: he was the greatest Superman ever. Nothing or no one else, at least not in my lifetime, will ever come close to matching his level of perfection.